Vol 4/ Chapter 19: Taking a Detour

Staring at this huge pile of shiny gold coins, I feel my hands shaking. After transmigrating for so long, no, in my whole life, I've never seen so much money!

"You're so pathetic!"

Seeing my reaction, Cyra is naturally very disdainful. She splits the coins in half and generously pushes half towards me.

"These are all for you. We split it evenly!"

"Where did you get so much money?"

I suddenly realize a problem. I remember the silver we received from those customers yesterday were mostly not gold coins, and the amount was not right either. It should be less than 100,000 right?

"Of course it's from selling the remaining three vats of holy water to the True Church!"

Cyra is in no hurry and slowly tells me about the negotiations between her and Bishop Rister last night.

The True Church is very generous. For the sake of resolving conflicts peacefully and currying favor with Cyra, they purchased all the holy water we had made earlier at 60 silver per bottle.

Roughly estimating, each vat can hold at least a few hundred bottles right? Three vats would be close to a thousand bottles!

Additionally, both sides reached an supplementary agreement where the True Church paid an extra 200,000 silver as a one-time fee to acquire exclusive rights to sell holy water from me and Cyra in the city of Norvale!

So from now on we cannot sell holy water privately anymore. Even if we produce more, we have to sell it to the True Church. As for the purchase price, it will be the same as our original selling price, 88 silver per bottle.

"Why is the purchase price from the landlord so low? Are they unhappy with the leftover?"

After listening, I find it a little strange. Actually 88 silver is already much cheaper compared to what the True Church sells their holy water for. But they only paying 60 silver to take these waters makes me feel a little taken advantage of.

What's weirder is the future purchase price is actually higher. This makes even less sense.

"Don't forget, we also introduced a distribution system for direct sales yesterday. If we directly sold all this holy water to the church, it would be equivalent to taking the money and running away. Our reputation could be greatly damaged..."

Cyra waves her hand to remind me.

"So most of last night's negotiations were spent on the franchise transfer details. Bishop Rister finally agreed to take over our previous business. They will continue operating the stall downstairs today, selling at the original price of 88 silver per bottle. So the price of this batch can only be lowered a bit."

"I see, didn't expect you to care so much about reputation..."

Suddenly I understand. Who asked her to engage in direct sales! Gotta pay back what you owe!

Looking at it this way, the price given by the True Church seems to already be very friendly. They still have labor and other costs!

"Credibility is critical for business, don't lump me together with those crooked merchants! What's more, you also participated in this..."

Cyra points disapprovingly at the gold coins in front of me.

"See, you already took half the money! Give it back if you're unhappy!"

"Uh... persuaded by your words, I suddenly realize this negotiation went very well. You really do have a business mind, huge bargain from the church!"

Of course I can't bear to return it to her. I hurriedly pull all the gold coins into my storage ring, while praising her.