Vol 4/ Chapter 100: Help

"I'll eat whatever you make, I think it will all be delicious!"

On the topic of what dish to have, Adrian just nodded without offering an opinion. This made me feel a bit awkward, as I was very clear about what that bundle of flowers left by the door represented.

"That...the two of us...it's actually impossible, you may not fully understand!"

Looking at his back, I squatted down and finally squeezed out these words after hesitating for a long while.

"Of course I understand! It's indeed very difficult for an angel and human to be together, but there are precedents..."

I didn't know what he was thinking, but Adrian didn't react for a long time while holding the fishing rod. After a bit, he turned back with a smile to reassure me.

"So I'll work really hard!"

"Er..."

Seems he misunderstood? Angel-human pairings are indeed extremely rare special cases. Generally speaking, only highly prestigious nobles and royals have that qualification, and it also depends on if the angel is willing.

But that clearly wasn't what I meant! However, I couldn't bring myself to explain the real situation. Several times I swallowed back the words I wanted to say.

After all, I came from another world through transformation. If he knew this fact, he definitely wouldn't say such things! Even if I tried my best to hide this truth and never got exposed, how would Nicola and Cyra think if they found out? Especially Nicola...

Thinking of this, my mind became a muddle and I felt flustered.

Actually, this wasn't the first time flowers were left at the door. It had happened several times before. But I absolutely couldn't accept it! In the end, I could only quietly put the flowers away, burying my head in the sand and pretending I didn't see anything. Today, being able to directly say these evasive words of rejection already took quite a lot of courage. But the result was a bit disappointing.

After eating, it was time for idling around playing cards again. Although I don't carry playing cards like Cyra, it's totally feasible to make a set from materials like paper in the village - just not as exquisite in pattern and suit.

"Playing with just two people really lacks fun. Why don't we rescue Judith or Vivianne? With them, maybe we could even play some fun?"

With just two people, there naturally weren't many other games to play. I looked at my hand and made the suggestion. But then I thought about having to explain the whole situation again, teach all the rules and tricks, and immediately lost enthusiasm, quickly changing my mind.

"Nevermind, maybe we'll wait until the next reset..."

"So you mean we'll continue resting this next round?"

However, when it was Adrian's turn to play, he glanced at me somewhat intentionally.

"...Of course!"

I nodded heavily. Without finding a way to deal with the God of Light, everything was in vain. But the way he asked made it seem like he had some other intention. After pondering for a bit, I finally asked him.

"Did you happen to find another way out of here?"

"No, not at all..."
Adrian hurriedly shook his head in response.

"I just had some reflection. When we initially chased away that male phoenix and entered this cave, how could I have imagined spending so much time together with you in this 'small world'? All in all, it's probably been over a year right?"