Vol 4/ Chapter 53: Cyrus, the Pope, Cysper

"...Are you happy playing tricks?"

She really gave me a fright. I took back the angel figurine she threw at me and examined it carefully. Soon enough, I found those so-called circuits on it. The next steps were quite simple. Since the flow of light elements inside the body is a basic magic principle, this figurine was like someone demonstrating how magic works right in front of me. Except the light element path was extremely complex, no less intricate than the "Lost Paradise Shockwave" spell.

As long as I had an example, I was quite skilled at copying! It didn't take long before I successfully cast this spell, making a distant large tree glow with an even brighter "light".

"Impressive! You learned it so quickly!" Cysper applauded from the side. After performing it successfully, I gained deeper insight into this magic. Depending on the caster's skill level, the area of effect seemed to grow larger, and light element attraction would increase too. The light sphere I just released covered over a hundred meters already! Although I couldn't rapid-fire it yet, I had truly mastered this spell. Judging from Cysper's casting ability, that was probably the minimum power level.

"You're amazing too! If not for you, I wouldn't have discovered this secret! Moreover, you can unleash such a high-level spell with just two wings, and your casting speed is no slower than mine!"

I praised her wholeheartedly, realizing I had misjudged her earlier. I felt so embarrassed. It turned out her magical talent surpassed mine - I had totally underestimated her! It's just a pity Cyra herself didn't seem gifted in this aspect.

"Actually about this...let's call it the angel figurine for now! I was puzzled too, but it just felt very familiar, and I instantly grasped the trick. That's why I said it had an affinity with me!"

She still couldn't recall the figurine's name, Cysper replied shyly.

"As for casting, I've studied it extensively..."

Unfortunately, before she could finish, she suddenly lost balance and tumbled towards the ground.

"Huh?"

Nicola swiftly stepped forward and caught her body.

"Did she just...disconnect?"

Seeing her closed eyes, I was utterly baffled. I couldn't find a better way to describe this situation than using gaming lingo.

"Huh...why am I here? Wasn't I just in the hotel?"

After Nicola patted her awake, it was the real Cyra, not Cysper anymore. She opened her eyes in shock, asking us while pointing at the glowing tree, thinking she had discovered a new species...

"Looks like this 'interrogation' was fruitless - we didn't get any useful information at all."

On the way back to the hotel, I could only comment ruefully. We worked so hard, yet still knew nothing about Cysper's origins.

As for Cyra, although she said she had a dream too, she fell back asleep in the dream because she felt sleepy...

Well, able to sleep within a dream - isn't she such a pig?

"You can't say that, there were still gains! At least you uncovered the secret of the angel figurine, and confirmed Cysper means us no harm. It wasn't a total waste!"

Nicola remained optimistic beside me, and she made fair points. Thanks to this opportunity, I did learn a powerful source magic spell. Thinking that way, I immediately cheered up.

"Look, your other persona picked up source magic in just two tries. As the original host, you better work harder to be worthy of this body!"

Thinking of this, I urged Cyra again.