Vol 4/ Chapter 31: "Old Friend" in a Foreign Land

I heard a loud "Bang!"

The roof of this inn was really not sturdy. It cracked open a big hole when I crashed down from the sky. Luckily no one was using the second floor at this moment, so I only fell into an empty room.

But things were not over yet. I had just climbed up from the floor enduring the pain, when I saw the hole in the roof above me flash red. I immediately felt something was wrong and quickly covered my whole body with a layer of light element.

"Hoo - !"

A huge fireball dropped down from the sky in an instant. Bathed in the fierce firelight, I was secretly glad that I reacted in time, otherwise the wings on my back would probably be gone...

"Where did this lizardman come from? He can even cultivate in both martial arts and magic!"

I was totally puzzled. I just wanted to find a comfortable inn in the city, how did I get targeted by a monster! To be honest, I really didn't expect that such a high-level monster, at least sixth-order, would be hiding in this inconspicuous inn.

Previously, because I had folded my wings, my perception had also decreased. Later, although I spread my wings again, my attention was all on Nicola who had been taken away. If the opponent's sneak attack had not been so close, I would probably have been in big trouble!

I took out my weapon from the storage ring, and was about to fly up and rush out of the roof hole. But then I saw another fireball dropping down from the sky, forcing me back inside.

...There was no other way. Since going up was blocked, I could only find another way out!

By now the room was already in a sea of flames. I charged out of the second floor through the window. Below in the courtyard I saw many people looking up at me.

"Hey! Quickly help put out the fire!"

I shouted loudly at them, but of course no one had any thoughts about fighting the fire. They all swarmed outside to escape.

"The great fire in the prophecy is here! Everyone run!"

"Wait wait, it's just a few rooms on fire, no need to exaggerate it, we should still be able to save it..."

Just as I tried to stop them, the lizardman standing on the roof suddenly threw another fireball at me.

Clearly, this was a monster with intelligence. Its goal was to hold me back, and it had succeeded at least in that -

When I dodged the fireball and flew back up into the sky, I had completely lost sight of Nicola in the vast night.

"I'll take care of you first!"

Anger welled up in my heart. I threw a "Lost Paradise Shockwave" straight at the lizardman.

"Che! Missed..."

The white light pillar descended from the sky, but the opponent reacted quickly, barely avoiding it with a sideways leap. But his speed was still a little slow, and he was grazed by the residual light wave.

Although it was just a tiny bit, under the powerful might of the "Lost Paradise Shockwave", the lizardman still suffered heavy injuries and stumbled kneeling on the roof.

"Now's my chance!"

I flew over with my sword raised to deliver a slanted strike while he was weak. It looked like he had no strength left to resist, and was about to be killed with one hit, when he suddenly raised his head and asked me a question.

"Have I seen you somewhere before?"

"......"

What kind of plot twist is this? My long sword was at his neck, and I didn't know whether I should swing it down.