Vol 4/ Chapter 104 The Search

"What? You don't even know what place this is?"

I was dumbfounded - it was the first time I'd heard someone ask such a question. Even when asking for directions, that's not how you'd phrase it. Judging by this guy's youthful appearance, was he actually just a clueless vagrant? Wouldn't that ruin his "sunny teenager" image? I originally had a favorable first impression of him...

"This is obviously in Shang Metropolitan. If you don't need anything else, I'll get going!"

Not wanting to dwell further, I casually brushed it off before turning to leave. Of course, I couldn't forget basic courtesy.

"Oh right, thanks for covering for me earlier!"

"Shang Metropolitan? Could Edenmere really be that developed..."

To my surprise, upon hearing this, he muttered contemplatively and once again blocked my path.

"Wait a minute!"

"What is it now?"

I was getting impatient. This guy moved quickly! In the blink of an eye, he had circled around from behind me. Did I imagine that earlier?

"You're the first person willing to listen to me. Have you seen a girl named...Feliciana?"

"Feliciana?"

That name sounded so familiar! I froze, feeling like I'd heard it before somewhere but unable to recall. Rationally, it should be a foreign girl's name having nothing to do with me.

"Yes, Feliciana! Do you know anything about her? She's an angel..."

Noticing my hesitance, the brown-haired teen perked up excitedly, as if my reaction indicated a promising answer.

"Sorry, never seen her!"

I rolled my eyes and walked off without another word.

An angel? Yeah right, and I'm a celestial being too! Looks like this was just some delusional guy dumped by a girl, his mind going haywire.

Unfortunately, I didn't get far before spotting that dreadful figure up ahead.

Dad was gripping a wooden stick he must have picked up somewhere, furiously turning the corner not far from me.

"You little brat, I'll teach you a lesson!"

"Parents can do as they please and hit their children?"

Feeling wronged, I shouted out before turning to flee again.

"Still running? Who else would I hit?"

Enraged, Dad flung the stick straight at me. Just as it was about to strike, a hand suddenly extended from the side, firmly catching it.

"And what's wrong with what he said?"

The brown-haired teen glared angrily, blocking me as he questioned in a deep voice.

"You again? I haven't settled that trick you pulled earlier! You must be in cahoots with Flynn's wretched friends."

Dad glared at the teen derisively, but constrained by his imposing manner, ultimately didn't dare approach me.

"He's called Flynn? We don't actually know each other..."

The teen paused, glancing back at me hiding behind him, as if noticing something amiss. An expression of dawning realization crossed his face.

"No way! Strange, why do I get the feeling...it can't be!"

"This is a family matter. I'll discipline my own child as I see fit - don't you butt in, outsider!"