Vol 4/Chapter 98: The Incomplete Central City

"Why did Cyra specifically go to a place like Sulide Volcano?"

The "Cloud Palace" at Sulide Volcano appeared before our very eyes, indicating Cyra had just arrived there not long ago. I initially thought she came specifically for me, since we had killed a few Apostles in that village. Aside from Cyra, the highest ranked Apostles only had four wings, so a six-winged one would definitely catch her attention.

But the facts proved otherwise. Since I didn't reveal myself to any Apostles after that, yet the "Cloud Palace" still appeared as usual, it shows they went to Sulide Volcano for another purpose.

"If you're asking that question..."
Adrian immediately recalled something, taking out a card and handing it to me.

"I saw this thing slip out of a corpse's pocket, so I picked it up. It seems to mention something related."

"You've already seen it once?"
However, as I took the card and examined it, I didn't find any text written on it.

The whole card was pitch black, only occupied by an unfamiliar crest insignia. The material didn't seem to be metal, feeling very lightweight.

But from this card, I could vaguely sense traces of light and dark elements - a very unusual phenomenon. Because unlike the four major fire, water, wind and earth elements, in an environment flooded with light elements, the dark element has almost no space to coexist. Yet they appeared simultaneously on this small, inconspicuous card.

"You need to lightly press on the crest, I accidentally figured out how to use it on the way back..."
Seeing my clueless look, Adrian quickly extended a finger to demonstrate.

With a light "ding", a virtual screen suddenly appeared above the card, displaying something like a text box - looking extremely like some kind of messaging device.

"Whoa..."
Startled, I pointed at the scene speechless for a while.
"What an advanced card!"

However, this sci-fi-like scene was not the first time I'd seen it. The control terminal of the Eye of Galadra I saw in the Dark Continent was quite similar.

Although the two had different visual styles, appearing simultaneously in a magical world already hinted at their origins being related.

Could the "Eye of Galadra" be a masterpiece of the ancient civilization from 10,000 years ago?

This thought suddenly popped into my mind. But could a "technological" product from 10,000 years ago really be preserved for so long? And shouldn't the "Eye of Galadra" be more related to the Earth Angel Galadra's abilities?

"Actually, similar forms of magic-science technology also exist on the continents of the future world. Like in the Ilandra Dominion south of the Astralrealm Kingdom - they've always led the magic-science field. The products they develop just aren't as advanced as this."

Probably thinking I was shocked by the virtual display from the card, Adrian explained.

"That advanced?"
I was stunned for a moment. This Ilandra Dominion was quite familiar - I'd heard about it many times intentionally or unintentionally during my travels.

"You may not have paid much attention, but in the capital there are quite a few shops that specialize in magical entertainment. The magical equipment inside is basically all imported from the Ilandra Dominion. As for research and development, that can't be separated from the Sage Council's involvement."

"Oh right..."
With his reminder, I immediately recalled "SummersField's Entertainment" in Norvale - a typical magic-science game room. Thinking about how much time Nicola spent in there, I understood completely.