Vol 4/ Chapter 60 - The Sudden Departure

"Don't worry too much about it. Even if Edenmere doesn't have your Lord, it doesn't mean he doesn't exist. As long as you hold onto a faithful heart, it's enough!"

That was the best I could offer to console him. Isn't the True Church on Earth in a similar situation? And their influence is quite widespread too. Furthermore, until now I can't completely rule out the possibility of Yawee's existence, at least the "self" that Cyrus encountered is still unexplained.

"I suppose you're right..." Eminem sighed in response, though it wasn't clear if he took it to heart.

"Any other questions?" I prompted, as the song was nearing its end.

"Of course! As an angel, you must have an exceptionally long lifespan, Lady Feliciana?" Eminem swiftly asked his second question, knowing time was short.

"In your long life, have you encountered other forms of life?"

"Other forms of life?" I was taken aback by his strange query. My first thought was of aliens - did he actually see aliens? But then again, even if they were aliens, their life forms may not necessarily differ from humans. Like if we traveled to another world, the "aliens" we met could just be humans too!

To be precise, angels can be considered a different life form compared to ordinary humans. So I really couldn't answer his question satisfactorily.

"My apologies, I'm a newly born angel so I haven't lived long enough to give you an answer." I shook my head regretfully. Of course I wouldn't entertain a discussion about real aliens based on his broad description. Compared to aliens, robots seemed more fitting, though even the robot we encountered near Macarana City didn't quite feel truly alive. From how it spoke, it seemed to merely follow orders without independent intelligence.

"I see...Well, thank you for your response. May the Lord be with you!" Eminem bowed politely as the song ended and took his leave.

I hope he wasn't too disappointed. Looking at Eminem's departing figure, I felt a bit awkward for not really answering either of his questions satisfactorily. Even if he wasn't affected by the issue with Yawee, he must have felt let down.

"You two looked like you were having fun chatting. What's this? Taking an interest in that man again ah?"

Nicola leaned against the table holding a glass of wine, watching me return.

"Chey, it's you who's interested in men!" I shot her a look. This girl just loves making wild guesses. I haven't forgotten about her possibly getting married in the future! But to prove my point, I simply recounted our conversation with Eminem.

"This Eminem actually questioned if the God he believes in exists. Quite a smart fellow!" Nicola glanced in Eminem's direction and remarked earnestly.

"But what did he mean by other life forms later on?"

"Who knows? Maybe he really has seen aliens before!"
Only Eminem himself would understand that question. Unfortunately, from his attitude, he didn't seem too keen to share with us.

Just then, Cyra finally came back.

"So how was it, enjoying the treatment of the main heroine?" I teased her. Isn't being the lead role what Cyra always wanted? Dancing with the host, that's a privilege usually reserved for the main character. And they even danced two songs together.

"You're reading too much into it. It was just formality! I simply saw it as dancing with my former self, I felt absolutely nothing, and of course there couldn't be any feelings!" Cyra declared solemnly, then patted Nicola's shoulder, starting to claim credit. After all, our main purpose for attending was to represent Edenmere.