Vol 4/ Chapter 18 - Guessing the Origin of the Church

Although I had been to Preston Cathedral once before, I didn't expect Cyra to also know its location. But after flying over St. Mary Street, she just hovered there, not knowing what to do next.

"I've only heard people who came to buy holy water mention that Preston Cathedral should be in the southern part of this city, but I don't know exactly where..."

"Isn't it the largest group of buildings right below you!"

I sighed and pointed downwards, pulling her along to descend.

"The True Church here is the same as on Earth!"

Although it was almost midnight now, and we could only vaguely see the outline of Preston Cathedral, Cyra couldn't help but exclaim when she saw the iconic spire tower.

"What are you standing idly at the entrance for? Let's go in quickly!"

Nicola and Selene landed behind us. As soon as Selene's feet touched the ground, she impatiently urged us.

With this, she had done a great deed - bringing three angels back to the church, one of whom had great potential.

"Tsk tsk, the baptismal font here is also very grand..."

Upon entering the front hall, the wall-mounted fountain with a statue also drew amazement from Cyra.

"Of course! This is where we in the True Church usually store our holy water. The magically constructed circulating fountain system is not only beautiful but also ensures the absolute highest quality of the holy water!"

Selene came over and enthusiastically explained, her attitude at least hundreds of times better than when she was with me.

When we entered the main hall and saw the familiar scenery and layout, Cyra became even more excited. She immediately unfurled her wings and flew to the crucifix, eagerly kneeling to pray and confess.

"This place is too weird, right? How is it so similar to churches on Earth..."

Since it was Nicola's first time here, she kept looking around, the corners of her mouth involuntarily twitching.

"You're asking me? I'm just as confused about this issue..."

I gently shook my head. The last time I was here, I suspected there might be other crossers, but I never figured out who it was. I even suspected Bishop Rister of being a crosser for a time.

"Is the decor and layout of your main hall unique to just this city, or are all the churches across the continent like this?"

Nicola suddenly asked Selene, who was watching Cyra very happily.

"Huh? Of course, all the churches across the continent are like this! It's been this way for thousands of years!"

Although Selene felt the question was a bit strange, she still answered very respectfully.

"Does Lady Nicola have any doubts?"

"No, just a little curious about this crucifix..."

Nicola pointed at the "Jesus on the Cross" statue, hesitating over her words. Even this being the same made it hard for her to accept.

"The crucifix? This story should be widely spread across the continent..."

Thinking Nicola had developed an interest in these things, Selene enthusiastically explained it to us.

"It's said to depict how the Lord was betrayed by traitors back then, and later ambushed by monsters, eventually being captured and nailed to the cross. It's to always remind us of the Lord's love and gospel..."