Vol 4/ Chapter 16: Coming to the Door

But I absolutely did not want to let him off so easily. This guy had to be taught a lesson!

"Let's just chop him up!"

Nicola was filled with rage and wanted to go all the way.

"Ah? Is that necessary to be so cruel..."

I felt somewhat reluctant seeing this. Killing magical beasts was one thing, but killing a person, I didn't quite dare to try. Besides, did the landlord really deserve to die?

"What's there to be afraid of? We definitely won't continue staying in this rented place anyway. Also, angels have a special status in the Astralrealm Kingdom. Even if we kill this fellow, it probably won't cause too huge of a problem."

Unlike me, Nicola was the victim. She held much more resentment and didn't heed my dissuasion, insisting on taking ruthless action.

I didn't forget that King Galahad was a follower of the True Church. For ordinary folk who dared blaspheme angels, this country definitely wouldn't make a big deal out of it. So if the landlord was killed by Nicola, probably nothing would really happen.

But just as Nicola was about to take action, ignoring me, we suddenly heard many voices speaking outside, including someone shouting.

"Is the owner of this bookstore here? Anyone home?"

"Crap! What do we do now? They must have been alerted by your loud kicking just now."

Deep down, I actually felt relieved. After all, I didn't want things to end so cruelly by our hands.

"Let's go out and see first!"

Nicola stared at the landlord on the floor, her expression fluctuating. She hesitated for a long time before finally not making a move. Her original intention was to finish him off and immediately flee.

"The landlord isn't here, what's the matter..."

She signalled to me and had me go placate Cyra, while she herself responded loudly and walked out from the inner room. But she had barely gone out when her tone suddenly changed.

"What, it's you?"

"Huh? Who could it be? Sounds like Nicola recognizes them."

The commotion in the bookstore made me feel strange. I wanted to follow her out and take a look. But before I could, a scream came from outside!

"Wah, Lady Nicola! Didn't expect to meet you here. When did you come back? Why didn't you let me know earlier!"

"Selene?"

Well, didn't even need to see to recognize the voice. Way too familiar. But how did she get here?

I walked out from the inner room with a puzzled look. Indeed! At the entrance stood two or three people dressed in True Church attire, with Selene as the leader.

"Feliciana? You two are together!"

Seeing me, Selene immediately waved happily. After all we had gone through a lot together in the Dark Continent, my relationship with her had unknowingly grown closer.

"Looks like those mysterious holy waters must have been created by you two!"

"Huh? Holy water?"

Hearing this, I instantly understood. I really didn't expect that they had come on behalf of the True Church for this matter.

"That's right! Why else do you think a bunch of us would run to a place like this in the middle of the night?"

Selene promptly nodded and explained.