Vol 4/ Chapter 61: Change of Mission

"Why don't you just abandon this mission? It's just some points after all."

Nicola had made up her mind, and no matter what we said, she wasn't willing to give up this opportunity.

"As for the journey ahead, you don't need to worry about me. You just go to Crescent City and wait for me. As long as everything goes smoothly here, I'll quickly catch up to our destination and meet you!"

Even so, just thinking about the two of us traveling alone, Cyra was still reluctant. After all, she had never been confident in my abilities, and even I myself lacked confidence. Most of my magic was only effective against dark creatures. If we encountered other types of opponents, my sloppy swordsmanship would be inadequate to deal with them.

"Why don't we have Elara open the entrance to Edenmere above our heads? We can go back to Edenmere from here and wait for you, how about that?"

Saying this, Cyra suddenly thought she had a good idea.

"Yeah, why do we need to travel ourselves? Can't we just open an exit in Edenmere directly above Crescent City's sky?"

"You really are creative! Unfortunately, that is completely impossible. Didn't you hear Elara's complaints? The material stockpile for the formations is almost depleted!"

I shook my head and said.

The entrance and exit of Edenmere used to be fixed in one location, rarely changing positions. But recently, for various reasons, the entrance had been frequently relocated, most recently moved by Elara to the northern border. The formation materials needed to power the entrance were nearly depleted. If we wanted to return to Edenmere, we could only take the northern route, leaving no room for waste.

Moreover, specifying the exact exit location required an angel at the destination to provide positioning through a spiritual link. Otherwise, the margin of error would be huge. Precisely because there were no angels left in the Sage Council, Cyra's suggestion was simply impossible.

"You don't need to worry too much. From here, it will take at most one or two days of flying to reach Crescent City. The route isn't desolate, so we basically won't encounter any danger!"

Nicola didn't care about Cyra's concerns at all. She simply packed her belongings and flew out the window. Since the journey was so far, she had to leave early, afraid of losing track of Aria again.

"This girl, she just rushed off like that and abandoned us!"

We saw the black speck in the sky wave at us, then quickly disappear northward. I could only sigh and persuade Cyra.

"Accept reality! Don't worry, you're the main character now, so you probably won't die! Besides, didn't you used to rumbling about defeating monsters and leveling up? Now's your chance, and the one who rushed ahead is gone. Aren't you excited?"

"I feel more shocked than excited. The world is really too dangerous!"

Although Cyra said this, she seemed to think my words made some sense, so she changed her tune.

"Then how about we find some low-level monsters to practice on along the way?"

The so-called low-level monsters referred to the scattered lesser monsters roaming human lands. These monsters had various elemental attributes and were not necessarily all dark creatures. Compared to dark elementals, monsters of other elements were fewer in number and had tamer natures, not the type to attack humans unprovoked.

However, they shared one common trait - a lack of intelligence. Nicola and I had killed quite a few of them while on missions in Norvale before. This had led Cyra to suspect that we had relied on these monsters to reach the six wings.