Vol 4/ Chapter 88 - Saint Angel

"I..."

I didn't expect to be looked down on by Judith. I could only stay silent. She had a point - with no proper paths, just the raw mountain terrain, ordinary people could easily get into trouble.

But this didn't last long, as a huge explosion suddenly rang out from above. Ron and Judith quickly came to tell me the Apostles we had lured down were now flying back up.

"They must have spotted Adrian and the others!"

Was it time for the full-scale assault after all? I didn't want the situation to escalate this quickly. Without a word, I spread my wings and grabbed the two of them, flying back up the mountain.

"Hold it! Who are you intruders, daring to enter the sacred palace grounds!"

As soon as we returned to the mountaintop, a two-winged Apostle guard confronted us.

"It's all up to you now..."

Just a two-winged Apostle, hopefully not too hard to handle. But carrying these two heavy people, I felt quite tired from the flight up. I needed to rest a bit before the coming battle.

"Haha, just a two-winged Apostle, no big deal!"

Ron laughed loudly, pulling out a thick staff and swinging it straight at the Apostle. The staff had a thick end and a pointed end - his staff techniques actually looked quite practiced. Could this be some special "staff style"?

So you're the legendary melee mage! If you grew a long beard and wore a tall hat, you could be Gandalf.

"Hehe, two wings is only about level four, maybe one person can handle it alone!"

Judith's fighting method was also unique - instead of directly engaging, she used a magic array on a scroll to summon a giant stone golem to be her proxy.

A summoner, huh?

Unfortunately, the effect wasn't great. The stone fist strikes barely damaged the Apostle, no special effects. And the Apostle's sword easily sliced off half the golem's arm, reducing it to just a clumsy kicker without arms.

But this was a 2v1, and the golem wasn't doing much anyway, with Ron there. Though his light element magic was ineffective against the two-winged Apostle, his martial arts skills were decent. With constant pressure, the Apostle couldn't even fire off a light beam before being struck down.

"Tsk, you're so violent!"

I murmured in mild surprise. I finally realized, the two-winged Apostles' base strength was actually not much different from ordinary two-winged angels. The real threat must be those light beam attacks derived from the God of Light. The four-winged Apostles were probably similar, just with more techniques.

The key to victory was to resolve the battles quickly, not giving them a chance to unleash those abilities.

"With not many Apostles left on the mountain top, let's hurry inside and regroup with them."

I could see Adrian's signal flare from below the explosion - in front of the tallest palace. They had already gone in, and the three of us attacking from the rear could reduce the pressure on them if they were exposed.

On the way, we only encountered a couple waves of Apostles, but they weren't much of a threat. With everyone rushing them, we dealt with them effortlessly. I was grateful to have Ron, as I realized his strength was actually at the sixth rank.

Not even ordinary six-winged angels necessarily reach that level!

"I wonder how far they've advanced..."