Vol 4/ Chapter 13: Disappearing again

After that, we went back to the room and started making holy water again. With me joining in, the water tub downstairs was not enough very soon. The landlord somehow found two more water tubs. With three tubs going at the same time, there was plenty of supply which made the buyers very happy. The queue even went to the next street.

I don't know how long it took, but I saw that all three tubs were filled with holy water already. I clapped my hands and decided to stop production for the day.

"Okay, this should be enough for your stock tomorrow! Also, I can't keep making holy water with you all the time. I have other things to do!"

I looked at the time again. It was night time already. I wondered why that fellow Nicola still hadn't come back. I decided to go to the royal castle later to check out the situation.

"Alright, after selling holy water the whole day, we already earned a lot. It's indeed time to close shop and rest."

While counting the silvers on the table, Cyra nodded and agreed. The sky was dark already. Although there were still some customers queuing outside the bookstore, the numbers were much lesser compared to before.

"About how much did we earn?"

Seeing the tall stack of silvers in front of her, I couldn't help but ask curiously.

"Less than 100,000 silvers. But I still need to pay the three temporary workers..."

"That's a lot already!"

Although I was mentally prepared, hearing this number still shocked me a little. In less than half a day, they earned close to 100,000 silvers! The speed was quite terrifying.

I guessed tomorrow's sales would be lower. But no matter what, the share I could get was much more than doing quests for a month.

"Is Feliciana coming with us later to celebrate over dinner?"

At this moment, the landlord walked out from the bookstore and asked me.

"dinner..."

Earning so much money in one shot, it was reasonable to celebrate a little. I pondered for a while.

"But Nicola still hasn't come back. It doesn't feel right to leave her out. You guys go ahead first. I'll find her then we'll come together."

"Fine! Although that fellow argued with me earlier, I'll graciously allow her to join us for a free meal!"

Having earned money, Cyra was in a very good mood. She didn't bother about their quarrel last night anymore.

"Come over quick later. I booked a table at that 'Autumn Pavilion' restaurant we passed by yesterday!"

Before leaving, Cyra reminded me. They were packing up now. Of course, the three new temporary workers would join the celebration too.

There was an advantage at night. I didn't need to walk anymore. Like before, I just had to find a secluded spot, spread my wings, then swiftly fly towards the royal castle at the lake center.

However, I met with an obstacle this time. Before I could get near my destination, I saw a row of hippogriff knights blocking my path.

"Er, I'm going to the royal castle to find my friend Nicola. She came here early this morning to discuss some matters with King Galahad..."

Probably because of the assassination attempt yesterday, security was greatly increased around the king's castle. I had no choice but to honestly state my purpose.

"Nicola is the name of the angel who protected His Majesty the King right? I remember she came to the castle together with her yesterday. There shouldn't be any issues then!"