Vol 4/ Chapter 79: Adrian's New Ability

"So Judith, do you know anything? We must find a way to go back soon," said Ron impatiently. Mike had died here, he had to report back to the Pope quickly. Judith had spent more time with Adrian and was a senior researcher at the Sage Council, so perhaps she could answer our questions.

However, I did not tell him that Cysper had mysteriously disappeared in the cave. I was unsure how Ron would react if he knew. He would probably search frantically in the cave.

Initially, I thought the time flowed slower in the cave, causing Vivianne and the others to misperceive time. But later, realizing this might be Beluto's world from 10,000 years ago, I thought I had guessed wrongly.

If this was really the world where Beluto lived 10,000 years ago, we may have all been transported to the same time point. So there wouldn't be an issue of slower time flow.

Recalling when Cysper disappeared, I realized there were still many mysteries about that cave that remained unsolved. Returning the same way could still lead to trouble.

Was the time flow slower in the cave, or were we all transported to the same time 10,000 years ago? I couldn't be sure.

"Adrian did mention earlier that this isn't our original world, and that there is a real deity called Beluto, so it probably won't be easy to go back..."

Judith was still drawing on the ground, improving the previous magic circle. Hearing me, she sighed without looking up.

"Who is this Beluto?"

The angel who called himself an Apostle had also mentioned this name, which Vivianne and Ron were completely unaware of. Though I knew, I hadn't gotten a chance to tell them.

"The God of Light Beluto! Seems most humans have completely forgotten."

Just as I was about to explain, Judith spoke up first.

"According to historical records, a long time ago there was a real deity in this world who brought great disaster to humans. And those servants he created to serve under him were called Apostles!"

"Servants? But those Apostles were clearly angels!"

I was puzzled. From Liana's memories, angels were supposedly created by the God of Light Beluto after his defeat, to reduce excess light elements in the environment. How did they become Beluto's servants?

"Are Apostles angels? I haven't actually seen them, since I had to stay behind to prepare defenses against the Light Judgement..."

Judith glanced at me in surprise, but seemed to accept it after a thought.

"That's certainly possible! According to years of research by the Sage Council, Apostles are believed to have no souls, more like bees and ants with a hive mind that can directly communicate with the God of Light. They can be seen as an extension of Beluto's senses, strictly speaking a tool. While the angel race your angel ancestors later created has independent personalities. The two cannot be equated, your angels likely just took after the Apostles' appearance!"

"...So we really went back 10,000 years?"

It dawned on me, and many of my doubts were answered. Like that powerful light beam that instantly killed Mike - I had always wondered how that four-winged Apostle could unleash such an attack without casting any spells. Now it seems it wasn't her own power, but likely came from Beluto behind her.

"10,000 years ago?"

Vivianne and Ron exclaimed in unison. Unlike me who was mentally prepared, they just learned about this situation.