Vol 4/Chapter 49: unable of manhood

"Well..."

I glanced at Cyra, briefly recounted my experience with Nicola from last night.

"But I don't seem to have taken a bath!"

Cyra immediately rolled up her sleeves, showing me a barely visible bloodstain on her arm.

"This is a blood stain from Carl a few days ago. I scrubbed it for a long time but still couldn't get it all off. I was planning to take a bath today! Did you mistake me for someone else?"

"How could that be possible! You clearly recognized me too back then! There's no way I'm mistaken!"

I hurriedly defended myself. Come to think of it, it just means that the second persona "Cyra" from last night was tricking me? Although I was skeptical at the time, I didn't take it seriously. But why would she do such a thing?

"Do you still remember this signature?"

An application form for joining the True Church appeared in front of Cyra. It was taken from her room. Nicola pointed at the word "Jasper" and asked.

"Are you kidding? You mean I secretly joined the church while sleeping?"

Cyra clearly didn't quite believe what Nicola said. She took the application form, glanced at it, and immediately laughed.

"Nonsense! That's not even my name! Although the handwriting does seem a bit similar...but I've already made it clear that I won't join any church in this world. Did you forget?"

"Don't you have any impression of this name at all?"

Nicola still didn't seem to believe it. Regardless of whether it was a case of multiple personalities, surely one should have some recollection of what they had written themselves.

"It does seem vaguely familiar..."

With this question, Cyra suddenly became uncertain. But no matter how hard she racked her brain, she still couldn't figure it out.

"Then what was the dream you had last night?"

Even though Cyra had essentially denied all the evidence, I persisted in asking.

"The dream..."

Upon mentioning this topic, Cyra's expression immediately fell, as if it brought back very unpleasant memories. She quickly changed the subject.

"Why talk about that? It's so boring! Let's go do something important instead. How about getting breakfast for old times' sake?"

"Eat your head! You've become an angel, why would you still eat breakfast! Isn't figuring out the sleepwalking situation important?"

Having seen through her tricks long ago, Nicola gently tapped Cyra's head, not falling for it at all.

"Just confess, what dream did you have last night? Didn't you say you turned back into the appearance of a man, an emperor even? Didn't you have a great time every night?"

"What emperor? I was actually the pope! And the plot in this dream was so boring. I had to review some documents that I couldn't make any sense of at all. Not fun!"

Cyra answered with a resigned expression. However, her saying that she dreamed of becoming the pope was quite unexpected to me, as our goal for this trip was precisely to meet the pope. Could it be a case of dreaming at night what one thinks about during the day? Or perhaps...

A thought suddenly crossed my mind, but I immediately shook my head to deny it, for it was too far-fetched and unlikely.

"Isn't that great? You believe in God, so being the pope should be right up your alley!"