Vol 4/ Chapter 22: Rescue From The Execution Scene

"Stop! This is an execution ground ahead. Unrelated people cannot interfere!"

The guards escorting him did not recognize her, so they naturally blocked her outside the safety line.

"But his crime does not warrant death!"

Cyra was clearly unwilling to give up. Unable to break through the blockade, she could only stand at the edge and continue shouting loudly.

"I just heard that at most, the crime of rape would only be punished with a few years of military service, but you want to burn the person to death. This is too much!"

"Young lady, this is a religious affair of our True Church and is not within the jurisdiction of the City Defense! The criminal has blasphemed our Lord by raping an angel. His crime is unforgivable! If you continue to make trouble, don't blame us for being impolite!"

Perhaps because of her good looks and her being a girl, the judge did not immediately take compulsory measures, but still issued a stern warning.

"What Lord advocates is tolerance, not cruelty and ruthlessness. He would absolutely not agree with such a brutal practice!"

Cyra shook her head. When it came to religious matters, she naturally spoke eloquently. Not only was she not deterred by this, but she even started educating the other party.

"This girl..."

I couldn't help but sigh softly.

She had indeed gotten confused, completely forgetting that the True Church in this world was still somewhat different, not to mention the True Church in medieval Europe on Earth, whose concepts were actually not that much different from this side either. How could trying to reason using modern religious notions be of any use!

"What right do you have to represent the Lord with just a few words? You seem to be a follower of the Church too?"

As expected, the judge sneered disdainfully upon hearing this.

"Don't even tell me you understand the Lord's will better than the victim angel!"

"Come on, take her away! Since she is a member of our church, then wait for the religious court to try her internally!"

After speaking, he waved his hand to signal his men to hurry up and catch her as a warning to others.

"What if I say I am the victim?"

Cyra struggled with all her might, twisting and turning, just about to be controlled, when a flash of light flashed across her back, and the wings on her back appeared directly, finally revealing her true face.

"An angel?"

"Angel!"

"She's actually an angel?"

......

With the wings to aid her, breaking free from the shackles of several low-level church followers was naturally easy. Cyra flapped her wings and flew into the air halfway, still chanting sentences that seemed to be from the Bible.

"Forgive others their trespasses, and God will also forgive your trespasses..."

"If you do not forgive others from your heart, God will treat you the same way..."

"If you do not forgive others, God will not forgive your trespasses..."

"Is it necessary to show off like this?"

Although I had anticipated this might happen earlier, I still couldn't bear to watch it directly and covered my eyes.

But I had to admit, the effect was extremely good. At least in the eyes of the followers of the Church, she gave a sacred and loving feeling. In an instant, a large swath of people knelt down in the crowd, and prayers rang out one after another.