Vol 4/ Chapter 63: Departure

I had just returned to the Papal Palace from the Adventurer's Guild when I rushed to the Church's library. I had reserved a three-day water magic course here, but it seemed I had to cut it short today.

However, I had barely started learning from Hurbert when Cyra excitedly came in from outside.

"I knew you'd be here! How did your quest go, all settled? Cysper said he was going to take us to the busiest shopping street and park in Jethrobaines tomorrow!"

"I'm afraid not! The situation has changed, the rescue mission must continue, and to save time, we have to leave tomorrow!"

I shook my head and told her what happened when processing the quest at the guild. The quest was indeed canceled due to Yulanda's request, but that didn't matter anymore. Not only was Vivianne confirmed to possibly be alive, but Adrian was also involved. For emotional and moral reasons, I could not ignore it.

Moreover, in terms of rescue difficulty and danger, having an extra hand increased our chances of success. At least with Brennan there, I didn't have to worry so much about Yulanda. Even as a human, his combat experience and ability were more formidable than Cyra's.

"So you ran into those friends from before Edenmere..."

Cyra seemed a little disappointed upon hearing this. It made sense - she and Cysper had gotten along well these past two days. But that was all the time they had before parting ways, even a day earlier than expected. Of course she'd be disappointed.

"If you and Cysper hit it off so well, why don't you stay here? After this is resolved, you can meet me at the designated spot, or I can just return to the Holy City..."

Seeing her like that, I suggested. To be honest, even though Cyra's strength was lacking, I still hoped she would come along as every bit of combat power increased our chances of success. But ultimately, Vivianne and Adrian had no relation to her, and they didn't even know each other. She had no reason to take this risk for my sake.

Originally, I had planned for us to fly there, as swift as the wind. The three-day journey on foot could perhaps be done in a day by air.

But with two humans in our party, I would need Cyra's help. The problem was her low rank might not allow extended flight while carrying people, and I definitely couldn't support two passengers alone.

Fortunately, Brennan said there was no need to rush. Adrian had foreseen the current situation before this operation and prepared ample survival and rescue supplies in advance. They could last ten days or even half a month in the cave with no issues.

"That's not necessary..."

Contrary to my expectations, Cyra shook her head, rejecting my proposal.

"It's not good for me to stay alone either. Since you're going on a rescue mission, as a follower of the Lord, I can't just watch idly by."

"But after we leave tomorrow, you may not get to see the Pope again for a long time!"

I confirmed in surprise.

"I already told you, we don't have that kind of relationship. Why don't you believe me! I'm a true man, we're just good friends who get along well!"

Cyra emphasized again, sounding a bit unhappy now. I didn't dare say anything more. Even their bodies had been swapped - their relationship was really hard to describe.

"Then how about we..."

Since she agreed to come along, I wanted to try the flying idea again for our journey. But she cut me off midway.