Chapter 1: Apocalyptic World

"Fei long, I love you." Mochou confessed in a shy nervous voice.

It had taken a lot of courage to confess his feelings after so long. But this was the Apocalypse. They could die at any time from the zombies, infection, starvation, disease, anything really. Life was tough but he managed to survive two years in this new hell.

"I'm sorry Mochou, you're a great friend and I trust you with my life, but I just can't think of you in that way." Fei Long responded.

"He's scratching his head again. He always does that when he feels troubled or uncomfortable." Mochou thought. He body shrinking from the regret and shame.

"Why not? You've been with men before, why can't you be with me?" Mochou asked with the last bit of his courage.

He already knew the real reason. It would be the same as it was every other time he confessed to a man. Even so, he had to ask. He had to hear Fei Long say it or he could never give up on this love he held for the past three months.

"Look you're a great guy. And I won't deny I've become bent. But that's only because of the apocalypse. There are barely a handful of women around. If I didn't bend I'd have to use my hand for the rest of my life. But I still prefer woman. And with you're looks... sigh* I'm sorry but I'm not THAT bent." Fei Long tried to explain.

"I get it. But maybe..." Fei Long stopped Mochou from saying anything else.

"I'm sorry. It's impossible." He said before walking away leaving Mochou to bask in his sorrow after being rejected.

...

"Stop wallowing in the corner and get over here!" A rough looking scrawny man shouted from the roof of a jeep.

"Quian Duo, leave me alone. I don't feel like going out today." Mochou shouted back as he continued to squat at the side of the road in the shadows.

"Don't say that. We just got back from raiding some shops down in the subway system. It was buried under a lot of rubble but we managed to get some great loot. Let's go to Jin Min's place and buy some barbecue." Quian Duo shouted back.

"I'm heartbroken, I don't have the energy. Go without me." Mochou tried to shoo Quian Duo away.
Quian Duo didn't listen. He jumped down from the jeep and waved for his team to leave without him.

"Heartbroken? Don't tell me ya told Fei Long how ya feel?" He asked.

"I did. Sniffle*" Mochou said pitifully. Quian Duo plopped down next to Mochou.

"Damn it. Why did ya confess when ya knew this would happen? We've talked about this. That guy ain't like us. He's an Apocalypse gay. They ain't interested in men like ya. They want the girly ones that can pass as female if they wear a dress and grow their hair out long." Quian Duo said.

"I know, but I had to do it."

"Just like ya had to do it with Hong Yi, Zi Peng, and Wei Ting? Seriously man y'always pick the worst ones."

"I can't help it. They're my type. Their strong, handsome, and reliable. Even though I'm strong myself they're willing to help me, protect me. They are what I want in a lover. It's been that way since I first realized I liked guys." Mochou said.

"Geez, ya'd be better off with a scrawny ass body if ya want a man like that.. Those are the type of guys those types are interested in." Quian Duo said.

"I know. But my body ain't built that way. Even if I stopped training in martial arts or starved myself I'm too tall and built wide. I'd only look sickly. This is the body I was born with. I can only hope someone can love me this way."