Chapter 36: Hunting Practice

After their little game ended Yichen glanced over at the bed. A thought ran through his head as he held Mochou in his embrace.

"The kiss was nice but something else would be much better." Yichen said in a low voice.

Mochou touched the tip of his nose to Yichen's and with a smile welcomed the idea.

Yichen turned and carried Mochou over to the bed fully intent on spending the afternoon indulging in debauchery. However just as he was about to lay him down on the bed Mochou grabbed him tight and groaned in pain.

"Mochou! What's wrong?" Yichen anxiously asked as he held him tight.

Mochou wanted to tell him it was alright, but before he could the pain grew worse and lights began to flash before his eyes. Yichen called out once more as Mochou went limp in his arms.

...

| "Damn! Just when it was getting good." Mochou grumbled as the flashing lights began to fade and he found himself dreaming again.

When he regained his senses he realized he was by a river. Only it wasn't his usual spot. Instead it looked like a different river. Not only was it a different river but it also seemed to be a popular location with several villagers doing their laundry or frolicking by the water.

Mochou slumped his shoulders and lowered his head as he headed for a less crowded area with a makeshift fishing rod and bucket. He didn't go far. The place he stopped at only had a father and son nearby. Mochou immediately recognized the two of them. They were the man and son he and Yichen met at the weapons shop earlier in the day.

Mochou quietly nodded to the man and set himself up a few meters away. He seemed to be getting ready to try and fish.

"Monster." The boy said the moment Mochou turned his back. Mochou's body shivered in response.

"It's those bastards. Is this dream going to tell me why my body coward when I saw that man and his son today?" Mochou wondered.

The original Mochou seemed to pretend he didn't hear the boy and continued to prepare his fishing rod.

"This boy was such a coward. He shouldn't have to bear with this kind of treatment." Mochou mused.

Not long after placing the end of his fishing line into the water Mochou overheard the father and son talking.

"Son, let me teach you what to do when you see a monster. You see monsters must be chased away otherwise they'll think they have the right to live amongst us normal people." The man maliciously said to his son.

"What should I do dad?" The young boy asked his father.

Hearing their conversation Mochou wanted to clench his fist in anger but his body coward instead. The original owner of his body quickly tried to pull up his rod and grab his bucket to leave.

Push*

Just as Mochou was turning to leave he felt a strong pressure against his back. Someone pushed him. He tried to turn to see who did it but he fell so fast. Before he could see anything he was in the river struggling hard to swim.

"Swim! Move your arms and legs. You can do it. Swim!" Mochou shouted to the original owner. He knew it was impossible for the original owner to hear him.

This was only a dream. A memory of the original owner but Mochou couldn't stop himself. The fear he could die at any second drove him to shout. Thankfully the river wasn't that deep. After struggling the original owner of his body soon realized he could touch the bottom of the river and he stood up.