Chapter 54: Building Walls

After Yi Xuan left the sun quickly began to fall in the sky.

"Mochou, let's call it an early night."

Mochou had no problem going to sleep early. They didn't get much rest because after what happened the night before. He also felt drained since the incident in the afternoon with Fu Ling.

"Go inside to change while I check on the laundry." Yichen added when he saw Mochou's willingness to head to bed early.

Mochou once again nodded before going inside and heading for the wardrobe to change. Tired and eager to lay down Mochou quickly changed his clothes and slipped into bed.

When Yichen returned he found Mochou already half asleep on his side of the bed. Curiously next to him there was a strange lump under the covers.

"Mochou what's that? Is there another man laying in bed with you?" Yichen joked while smacking the lump.

"It's not a man. It's an extra quilt." Mochou mumbled.

"Are you feeling cold?" Yichen asked. The weather was fine to him, maybe even a little hot. He couldn't imagine needing an extra quilt unless Mochou was feeling unwell.

He reached out his hand and checked Mochou's forehead like he had done many times before.

"You don't feel feverish. Your complexion is a little pale but that's to be expected. Mochou, are you just cold or do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?" He asked.

"I feel fine and I'm not cold. The quilt is here forgot insurance." Mochou clarified when he noticed Yichen's confusion.

"Insurance? What do you mean?"

"It's to stop you from trying to take advantage of me tonight." Mochou casually said.

"Take... take advantage? Mochou I have no intention of doing anything tonight. Not unless you want to do something." Yichen said his eyebrow slightly raised as he waited for Mochou's response.

"Fourteen days. We won't be doing anything for the next fourteen days. Until then we can use this quilt to stop ourselves." Mochou explained. His words dashed the little hope and expectation Yichen had.

"Mochou, this is ridiculous. I promised I wouldn't do anything and I won't. Let's put the quilt back and go to bed like normal."

"You promise?"

"I promise. I know I wasn't careful last night like I said I would but I swear I will never force you to do anything you don't want." Yichen said a bit amused by Mochou's strange attempt to block his advances.

Yichen pulled the blanket away and placed it back in the wardrobe. Mochou watched Yichen as he moved. He didn't seem angry or annoyed at him for taking the quilt away.

The real reason Mochou put the quilt there wasn't because he didn't trust Yichen. He did it because he needed to remind himself not to be swayed by any attempts Yichen might try to convince him to be intimate.

When Yichen finished changing and slipped into bed Mochou hesitated to move closer.

"Mochou, I'm not an animal. I can control myself. Come closer." Yichen said as he reached over and gently pulled Mochou into his embrace.

"I know, but I think it would be better to sleep further apart tonight." Mochou said as he wiggled away from him again.

Yichen had come to terms with the fact he wouldn't be able to make love to Mochou until they got hold of the medications but he refused to give up on touching Mochou even at night. He reached over and pulled Mochou directly on top of him.