Chapter 57: Little Grape

Mochou was laying between Yichen's legs with his back against his chest

Mochou was laying between Yichen's legs with his back against his chest. While he lay there Yichen wrapped his arms around his waist and placed his hands carefully on Mochou's stomach.

They had been sitting like this under the tree all morning. At first, they were silently staring up at the sky while embracing but at some point they began discussing the pregnancy and future.

"Now that you are pregnant we need to pay better attention to your nutrition. It's improved a lot since the wedding but it's not easy to erase years of malnutrition and poor eating habits." Yichen explained.

"What do I need to eat? Should I take medication?" Mochou asked.

He came from a modern world so he knew a little. He knew that pregnant women had to take medication and avoid certain foods. He knew that there would be things he could or couldn't do. He knew there would be changes in his life but he wasn't certain of the details.

"We'll have to buy eggs. Eggs are very good for pregnant women and GERs. You should have at least one egg a day. You'll also have to eat food like broccoli and other green vegetables. Every meal should have a meat or fish. It's still early to find fruit but I should be able to buy dried plums, lemons, and a few other citrus fruit in town."

"So much?"

"It's just the beginning. I'll also need to pick up more ginger for you. Its a bit early but once the morning sickness kicks in you'll be thankful to have it."

"Morning sickness? I'll get morning sickness!"

"You will. But it's different for everyone. It might not affect you as bad as other women or GERs. Sister-in-law Meng Yao apparently only gets it when she smells fish." Yichen immediately said in hopes of reducing Mochou's worry.

"I hoped I could avoid morning sickness because I'm a GER." Mochou sulked.

"There are a few differences between a GER and female pregnancy, but some things are the same. Morning sickness is one of them."

"Yichen, I don't know anything. I need your help." Mochou said as he settled back into Yichen's embrace.

"Don't worry. I learned a lot from my uncle. You couldn't ask for a better husband than me. I know everything we need to know and I can even help with the birth." Yichen said.

"You are better then I ever could have dreamed of." Mochou said with a light chuckle.

"Now that you're pregnant you also need to be more careful. You shouldn't wander around the forest."

"Why? The forest is very safe and isn't it good to get exercise? I can't imagine it being good for the baby if I spend all day sleeping." Mochou said.

"Exercise is fine but walking in the forest with the uneven ground is dangerous. You could trip and fall. We should stick to places that have flat ground and high visibility."

After Death, I Finally Met The Man Of My Dreams On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara