Chapter 86: Roe Deer

The next day while Yichen was at the clinic Mochou prepared to go hunting. He packed a bag with rope, some berries, and anything else he felt he would need. He also set aside two baskets. One was to collect fruit and medicinal plants Yichen wanted the other was for the rabbits caught in the traps.

Yichen had been setting and maintaining the traps while he was stuck at home. Now that he felt better Mochou wanted to take care of them himself again.

"I hope that roe deer is still hanging around. We could put our smoking hut to use or sell the extra meat in town. Yichen did mention live prey sells better than dead ones. When I see it I'll aim to injure it. Not too much. Just enough so it can't run away but is still capable of walking back with us." Mochou mused as he kept busy around the house.

Yichen had been very protective of him since the attack. In the beginning Mochou tried to push Yichen's comfort zone and do more. He hated being treated like a patient and listening to Yichen ask him to sleep or rest all day was driving him crazy.

When he got tired of staying home and wanted to go into the forest or town Yichen would have a hurt and dark look on his face. Realizing Yichen was hurting Mochou didn't ask to go anywhere. He only pushed the boundaries little by little.

Taking things slow he first asked Yichen to go for a short walk around the property. Then he asked to go fishing. Yichen wasn't happy with the idea at first but the more often they went the calmer he seemed. Now Mochou pushed to go to the forest. If things went well he hoped to convince Yichen to let him go to the clinic to visit him at work or into town to do some shopping.

"Things better go well today. I don't want Yichen turning back into his overprotective self again when we are finally making progress." Mochou mused while he began preparing lunch. The more he thought about the last few weeks the more he appreciated the progress they had made.

"Yesterday felt wonderful. It was like how things were when we first got married. Yichen was smiling, laughing, and a bit lecherous." Just thinking about the midday fun they had made Mochou blush.

"Maybe we can have more fun tonight?" The very thought caused Mochou's blush to change from pink to a deep red.

...

"I'm home." Yichen called out.

Hearing his voice Mochou popped his head out of kitchen.

"Welcome home. Lunch is on the table. Let's eat." Mochou said with a smile. Yichen walked over and with a mischievous smile squeezed Mochou's face between his palms.

"Lunch looks delicious." He said just before bending down and bitting Mochou's puffy cheek. His actions were completely unexpected and it took several seconds before Mochou realized what he meant.

"You... you... don't treat me like food." Mochou exclaimed with a bright red face. Seeing his shy look Yichen began to laugh.

"I'm sorry. I can't help it. You taste so good." He said. His sharp canine seemed to shine as he spoke. He moved to grab Mochou again but Mochou slipped out of reach.

"Today we are going hunting. So hands off until tonight." Mochou commanded from a safe distance away.

"Oh, so that means I get to enjoy you as a late night snack." Yichen teased with a bold lecherous grin.

"I... I'm going to wash up. Sit down and start eating lunch without me." Mochou said in a poor attempt to escape the embarrassing conversation. Yichen looked at Mochou and didn't want the fun to end. He stepped forward and followed Mochou over to the well.

"What are you doing. Go back inside and eat lunch."

"I've been working all day. I should wash my hands before eating." Yichen said. Mochou couldn't deny his reasoning. His plan to escape now destroyed he could only hope Yichen would keep his hands to himself.