Chapter 93: Pomegranate (Pt.2)

Walking out, Mochou ran into Yi Xuan. He said a quick hello then kept walking. Next he saw Meng Yao on the sofa.

"Morning."

The next second Yichen's mother came out of the kitchen. Mochou gave an awkward smile while he said hello again. It was strange having so many people in the house.

"Wonderful, you're awake. How are you feeling? Have a seat with Meng Yao. Lunch will be ready soon." Yichen's mother said.

"I can help." Mochou said while walking over.

"I have everything handled. You need to sit and rest." She demanded. Mochou felt conflicted. Having someone in his kitchen cooking was awkward and made him unsettled.

"This is... frustrating? No, stifling? I don't think I like having so many people in our house." Mochou thought.

"Yi Xuan, now that Mochou is awake I want you to start work in the courtyard. Yichen, I need you to go get me some carrots and garlic from the garden." Yichen's mother commanded.

Mochou looked at the sofa with Meng Yao and didn't feel like sitting down. He looked at the courtyard next. Yi Xuan was inside getting ready to dig holes.

With no other choice he sat down at the chair in the corner of the room. He had done the noisy houses and living with large groups of people when he was young. But after living alone for years the only person he wanted to share a home with was Yichen.

When Yichen returned and saw Mochou sitting in the corner he was concerned. He walked over to his side and knelt down.

"Is something wrong?" He quietly asked.

"No, it's just strange having so many people in our home at one time." Mochou admitted.

"If you feel uncomfortable you can escape to the bedroom."

"It will be lunch soon and I think I need to get used to having a noisy home. Once the our Little Goji Berry is born it will never be quiet again." Mochou said.

"Hmmm. Our family is growing bigger." Yichen said his eyes narrowing in delight.

"Yichen come in here. You're out of wood for the stove." His mother shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm going to help mom. If you feel tired you can head back to the room." Yichen said.

"I'm fine."

Yichen squeezed Mochou's hand before leaving again to help his mother.

After he left Meng Yao walked over to Mochou's side. In her hands was some fabric.

"Have you had anytime to practice the stitching we showed you yesterday?"

"I did. It didn't turn out very well." Mochou said.

"Allow me to show you how again. Yesterday we were a little rushed." Meng Yao offered.

"Thank you."

The two of them kept talking a little longer until Yichen's mother called everyone to eat.

...

Lunch was simple. His mother cooked some ginger chicken soup, stir fry greens, stir fry carrots with scrambled eggs, and some egg congee.

Throughout lunch Yichen's mother chatted about all the things they should do to ensure Mochou's pregnancy went well. Yichen and Mochou would nod but aside from that the conversation was one sided.

"Mochou and Meng Yao the two of you should rest in the bedroom while we finish preparing the house." Yichen's mother said.

"No." Yichen responded without even considering it.