Chapter 30: What I Want

After what Mochou decided to call 'lunch', Yichen prepared another bath for Mochou. While he excused himself saying he had washed up while Mochou was asleep.

This didn't surprise Mochou considering when he woke up again Yichen was no longer topless but fully dressed in his usual outfit. Looking at his fully clothed husband Mochou couldn't help but feel like he was robbed.

"I wonder if I can convince him to at least sleep topless with me at night? Only being able to see his bare skin when we do that is unfair. When we do it I can't admire his body at all." Mochou thought as he glared at Yichen's modest clothing.

When Yichen turned around he was met with Mochou's fervent stare.

"Did I do something to anger him?" He wondered. Feeling a little wronged he handed the new set of teal clothes he had bought Mochou.

"Are these mine?" Mochou asked. His sharp eyes now replaced with those of confusion.

"When we went to town to buy your wedding outfit I picked up a couple sets of new clothes for you. You don't have to wear those dirty old ones anymore." Yichen happily answered. He was glad Mochou was no longer glaring although still a bit confused.

"You did? Thank you. I really needed it. Wearing the same tattered clothes everyday wasn't pleasant. Thank you Yichen." Mochou said as he hugged the new outfit. Yichen smiled back happily in response.

Mochou looked at the outfit that was similar to his old one but made of what felt like a soft cotton. Not the coarse linen his old clothes were made of.

"Even though the colours are similar the fabric isn't. I wonder if the dye is considered cheap?" Mochou pondered. As he got dressed.

Once dressed Mochou took a look at his sleeve. Unlike his wedding outfit it didn't have any embroidery on it.

"Is something wrong?" Yichen asked when he noticed Mochou rubbing the hem of his sleeve.

"No, I was just thinking it feels really nice. Thank you." Mochou repeated. This time his smile was even more impressive than the last.

When he looked down again he noticed his ratty straw sandals.

"My new clothes are great but these straw sandals have definitely seen better days. I wonder if..."

"Mochou here. It's fine to use those in the house but you should wear better shoes outside. It's dangerous walking around without a good pair of shoes." Yichen said as he held out a new pair of shoes for him.

"You're the best!" Mochou exclaimed as he hopped into Yichen's embrace. Yichen was quick to catch him and carefully supported him.

"Ow!" Mochou quietly muttered.

"Mochou I'm glad you like them but be careful. Your arm is fractured. We need to be more careful or it will worsen." Yichen warned. He said we because he had also been rough with Mochou despite his injuries.

Yichen wasn't wrong after his little stunt he did regret it. Not because of his arm but the rest of his body that screamed "Fool!" After he jumped and collided against his very firm husband.

"Yichen should we go for a walk? I'd like to catch some fish for dinner. Although last time I went I wasn't very lucky, but the first time was super successful. Maybe you'll be my lucky charm and we'll be able to catch lots of fat fish for dinner." Mochou said.

"If your trap doesn't work I'll catch them for you." Yichen said.

"How did you know I use a trap?" Mochou asked.

"Did I tell him about the cone shaped trap while we were trekking through the forest?" Mochou wondered.

"Just a lucky guess. I didn't see any fishing rod and it's hard to imagine you catching them by hand." Yichen hastily explained.