Chapter 35: Shopping (Pt.2)

The shopping trip continued without incident after leaving the craftsmen area. The only problem was that Mochou still needed to get a good quality knife and some arrows.

"Yichen, is there another shop that sells arrows?"

"We can head back to the shop we were going to before. That man and his son should be gone." Yichen suggested.

It wasn't that there weren't other shops. However that shop was the best and Yichen didn't want Mochou to have low quality arrows.

"If the arrows aren't well made Mochou could get hurt." Yichen thought as he changed their direction back to the craftsmen area.

Walking back Mochou was a little more vigilant. He wasn't necessarily afraid of the man and little boy, but he didn't want to cause a commotion. At least, not in town. If they were in the village it would be different. Yichen's father was the head of the village and they were a well known and respected family. However in town they were basically surrounded by enemies and strangers.

Yichen was also stressed because so far the shopping trip wasn't going as planned.

"Why is this so hard. My bae is wonderful but everyone keeps looking at him with disgust and contempt. My bae is beautiful. Those stupid scars can't cover up his beauty. Anyone who thinks differently is blind." Yichen thought as he glared once more at another woman who showed disgust and avoided walking close to them.

The two of them walked in silence. Both were preoccupied with their own worries and thoughts. It wasn't until they reached the weapons shop that Yichen finally turned around to speak.

"Mochou?" Yichen called out curiously when he noticed Mochou looking down in thought. He wanted to tell him that the man and boy were gone, but Mochou seemed to be lost in thought.

Surprised or a little taken off guard Mochou raised his head when Yichen called out his name.

"Is something on your mind?" Yichen asked when Mochou only stared back.

"I was just thinking about money. Yichen, this may seem unusual but I... I would like to have a serious conversation with you tonight about money. I want to know how much we have and the cost of things. It feels strange not knowing if the money we spent today was a lot or a little." Mochou nervously asked.

At first Yichen was a little taken aback by Mochou's concerns. It seemed a bit out of the blue but the more he thought about the more it made sense. After all Mochou had asked him about the cost of everything they bought since the first time Yichen went to town on Mochou's behalf.

"Is that all? That's fine. If you want to know anything just ask. I know there are a lot of men who try to control the household finances but I don't want to be like them. We are building a life together. There should be no secrets." Yichen said.

"How progressive?! Could it be Yichen is like me? A modern man reborn in this world." Mochou thought for a brief moment. But then he quickly shook his head.

"No way! It's already unbelievable that I was reborn to think that another person is like me would be absurd." Mochou thought as he dismissed his own thoughts.

...

Yichen held his head up high with a proud smile on his face as he lead Mochou into the Weapon shop.

Inside Mochou was surprised by the variety. There wasn't just hunting weapons like bows and arrows.  There were also swords and armour.

"Yichen, are these needed?" Mochou asked. He felt the world was relatively simple but if such weapons were available he would have to change his opinion.