Chapter 22: Doctor Yichen (Pt.2)

Bam!

"Yichen we brought your medical kit!" Yi Ming shouted as he burst through the front gate. Following behind him were Yi Xuan, and their father.

Yi Ming entered the hut first carrying the large box. Mochou turned to look. His body was stiff after sleeping on the ground in an awkward position, not to mention his injuries. So when he moved he couldn't help but let a quiet sound.

Yichen who was holding him in his arms noticed right away.

"Don't move. It's just two of my brothers and my father. They brought my medical kit so I can treat your injuries." Yichen said.

"The house is a mess. I need to clean up." Mochou said.

"Mochou? Does your head hurt?" Yichen asked. Mochou wasn't making any sense. Yichen knew enough to know it wasn't a good sign when people with head injuries started speaking nonsense.

"A little. Don't worry though. I'll be fine." Mochou assured him. Yichen wasn't at all convinced.

"Yi Ming put my kit over there. Yi Xuan go to the well and fill both pots with water. Dad, can you start the stove. I need to boil the water Yi Xuan is getting." Yichen instructed.

The three men wasted no time and did as they were told. Yichen picked Mochou up off the ground and carried him over to his little cot.

He gently placed him on the cot before opening his medical kit.

"What do you need me to do now?" Yi Ming asked.

"Help dad with the fire." Yichen said.

Yi Ming did as he was told. While they were busy boiling some water Yichen took out fresh linen bandages, some herbs and a small needle kit.

"Mochou lay down and relax." Yichen said.

"I will hubby." Mochou said.

Yichen nearly dropped his needles the moment Mochou called him hubby. He quickly looked back and forth. His father and brothers were outside looking for wood and getting some water.

With the coast clear Yichen quickly bent down and gave Mochou the kiss he requested. Mochou giggled a little after the kiss which worried Yichen a little.

"He hit his head hard. I need to keep a close watch on him." Yichen thought as he caressed Mochou's head.

When the water had boiled Yichen gave them some herbs and instructed them to make some medicinal tea for him. Will they were busy with that Yichen wet a clean cloth with warm water and began cleaning the blood from Mochou's face and hair.

"I look like a mess. Sorry." Mochou said as he tried to take the cloth from Yichen so he could clean himself.

"Don't move. Let me do it."

Mochou pouted. He wasn't happy being treated as a patient. Yichen found his pouty expression adorable and was tempted to kiss him again.

"Yichen, the medicine is ready." His father announced.

Put it on the table to let cool. Yi Xuan takes these. Add a little water and make it into a paste." Yichen then instructed.

"Got it."

Yichen returned to his task of helping to clean Mochou up. When he finished he took the paste Yi Xuan made and applied a little to Mochou's cut on his forehead.

After taking care of Mochou Yichen set his sights on Mochou's arm.

"Yichen, I feel sick." Mochou said.

Yichen expected it so he grabbed a bucket and helped Mochou sit up. Seconds later Mochou vomited into it.

"What happened?" Yichen's father asked.