Chapter 4: A New Home

Hah... hah... Ugh...

Mochou's body felt heavy and hot but there was no pain. He tried to look around the room but his vision was blurry and he was unable to see anything clearly. He tried to sit up but struggled to move.

"Am I a zombie now? Am I supposed to be conscience as I roam around the area in search of human flesh to eat." Mochou thought as he tried to make sense of what was happening.

Mochou barely managed to sit up when he felt dizzy and fell back down. His head started to pound like a jackhammer going off inside his head. His body stiffened from the pain and lights flashed before his eyes.

...

|   Mochou saw himself walking through a rural village. The kind often seen in those movies based on ancient China. As he walked the villagers stared at him. He was used to being stared at.

He looked around and continued walking his head down in shame. It was strange, the dream felt so real. The smells, sounds, the way the wind felt cold as it blew by, it all felt so real. Yet as he moved he wasn't in control of his own body or how what it did.

"What's going on?" He wondered as he continued walking through the village.

With his head down he soon noticed his body was different. It was thin, frail, and petite. Although thinner than what he would have liked it was in essence his dream body. The kind he hoped he had every time the men he confessed to or approached rejected him.

He wanted to feel the body he was currently in and get a better look, but it was useless. The body wouldn't move according to his will. He was just a bystander in this dream world.

He continued to watch as he travelled through the village and soon he noticed something strange. There were beautiful women, strong powerfully built men, and men with delicate features and red eyes.

<< Why was I born a GER. If I was a man maybe I'd be happily married by now. Instead of scarred and ostracized.>> A soft voice said inside Mochou's head.

"What is a GER?" Mochou wondered. As they continued through the village.

Then out of nowhere Mochou noticed a rock flying towards his head. He tried to move to catch it. But he still had no control over his body.

He was hit.

Mochou felt a slight pain where the rock hit him. The body raised his hand. When he did Mochou noticed the dark frightening scars. Then as he touched his forehead and lowered it again it was stained with bright red blood.

"Why didn't he dodge? He could clearly see the rock coming?" Mochou wondered. Then he heard the one who threw the rock shout,

"Get lost you monster! A thing like you should have died when you're mother tried to kill you! You ugly freak!" The young boy shouted. Another boy standing next to him laughed. They threw a few more rocks before Mochou ran away.

As he ran Mochou's sight broadened. Now with his head held up high he could see his surroundings more clearly. He ran until his chest heaved and he felt dizzy, until finally he left the small rural village and reached a small hut on the edge of the forest. |

Mochou shouted aloud from the pain. His head felt like it was being cracked open and someone had taken a stick to stir the insides. Light flashed before his eyes again and found himself in the dark room from earlier.

The difference was that now he vaguely knew where he was. He was in the hut from the dream. No, it was his home. He was a GER whatever that meant and he lived in the rural village he saw. A village where he was treated as a monster.