Chapter 82: The Truth

"Now might not be the best time. After everything that has been happening I might just be making things worse by telling you. But there's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time. I always hesitated in the past but... but I think telling you might help." Mochou said as he nervously fixed Yichen's robe.

Yichen stared at him wondering if Mochou was referring to his many secrets. Secrets he never pushed him to talk about. He was however confused with how his secrets could possibly help him at this time.

Despite his doubt Yichen was willing to listen. He picked Mochou up even though Mochou had refused his help earlier, headed for the bedroom.

"The sofa. Let's sit on the sofa." Mochou whispered when he noticed their direction. Yichen sighed before going to the sofa instead.

He placed Mochou down first then went to the bedroom to go get a quilt. When he returned he raised Mochou's injured ankle to help with the swelling.

"Yichen, sit down." Mochou said when Yichen was about to leave again. He didn't know what it was he planned to do but he figured it was probably for him.

"I want to get you some water first." As predicted Yichen was thinking of him.

"I'm not thirsty. Please, sit down so we can talk." Mochou said with a warm smile. It was always these little attentive details that reminded Mochou why Yichen was better any man he could ever dream of.

Yichen sat down next to him but not without fixing the quilt to cover Mochou's shoulders first. Mochou looked at his loving husband and the doubts he had all night swirling in his head vanished like a puff of smoke. He knew Yichen loved him even though they lost their Little Grape. With a deep breath he began to talk.

"Yichen, what do you think happens after you die?" He asked. His words sending a cold chill across Yichen's body.

"It is believed that those who die are judged. If good they go to a peaceful place, if bad they are punished." Yichen briefly explained.

"What do you think happened to our Little Grape?" Mochou asked again. It was another question that pained Yichen to answer.

"It is believed that life begins at birth so our Little Grape probably wouldn't be judged but simply ceased to exist." Yichen whispered so quiet Mochou could barely hear him.

"I don't believe that. I believe our Little Grape had a soul. I believe that when our Little Grape left us he was sent to another world. One with a wonderful family who is excited to welcome them into their lives." Mochou said as he caressed Yichen's pale face.

Yichen wanted to say that such a thing sounded wonderful. However the words were caught in his throat. He lowered his head as he tried to hold back his true thoughts. Thoughts of such a thing was impossible.

"Yichen do you hate the idea that our Little Grape has been reborn in a new world?" Mochou asked. For him it was a comforting thought, but for Yichen it didn't seem to be the case.

"We... I was excited to welcome our Little Grape into our family." Yichen mumbled under his breath.

"You're right. You would have been an amazing father. I know you loved our Little Grape so much. They would have grown up happy and healthy." Mochou comforted.

"Then why are you happy believing he was reborn to another family?"

"Because that's what happened to me when I died. I was reborn and I found you. The greatest most amazing man I could ever dream of. And I like to believe that in that new world Little Grape will also be happy and meet their destined love." Mochou said. Thus revealing his greatest secret.