Chapter 27: Wedding night (NSFW)

Zzzzz.... Zzzzz

"He's asleep?! What am I supposed to do? Should I wake him up? But he must be exhausted after everything that happened not to mention his injuries... but it's our wedding night!" I can't NOT do something."

Yichen walked over to Mochou who at some point had fallen asleep.

"I'll wake him up, but I won't jump him. We'll take it slow. First I'll check his injuries. Then we need to drink with our arms intertwined. I've already prepared the wine and the red ribbon has been tied. Will Mochou be okay drinking wine? It's just one cup it should be fine. After that we can talk a little and make our way to the bed."

Yichen mentally psyched himself up after coming up with a plan.

"Mochou, wake up." He whispered as he gently caressed Mochou's sleeping face. His touch was so soft Mochou wrinkled his nose and tried to swat his hand away.

"Did it tickle?" Yichen wondered as he once again gently touched Mochou's face.

Once again Mochou tried to swat it away. This time he even tried to roll over but Yichen grabbed him first.

"Be careful Mochou, you almost rolled onto your bad arm." Yichen warned. This time Mochou seemed to wake up.

"Yichen? Did you bring me more snacks?" Mochou muttered while still half asleep.

"No sweetheart. All the food has been eaten and everyone is gone. I'm all yours now. Wake up so we can finish the wedding traditions." Yichen said.

"There's more? What else do we have to do?" Mochou asked as he slowly sat up in Yichen's arms.

"We need to drink the ceremonial wine from the cups. It's supposed to drive away the bad spirits and bring us good luck." Yichen explained as he pointed at the cups on the table. The cups themselves were quite beautiful. They were made of silver and had a simple flower design on the rim.

Mochou had noticed them while he waited but he couldn't remember what they were used for. As a gay man he didn't exactly care about traditional wedding traditions. Even when he saw such scenes in movies he paid little attention to the details.

Yichen led the groggy Mochou to the table so they could sit and enjoy the wine together.

Mochou took a look at the wine than at Yichen whose cheeks were clearly flushed after drinking too much.

"Yichen, how much did you drink tonight?" Mochou asked.

"It's hard too say, but don't worry I can drink more no problem." Yichen said with a crooked smile that gave little comfort.

"It's not good if you drink until you are sick." Mochou warned.

"This will be my last sip. It's also the most important one of the night."

"I would have preferred if we could share more than just one sip together." Mochou quietly muttered.

"Are you interested in wine? If you like it we can have a little together occasionally." Yichen said when he noticed Mochou pouting.

"He's really cute right now. Mochou doesn't usually act so cute. He's usually a lot more stubborn. I wonder why he's acting this way tonight? Is it because we are now married? Does he feel more comfortable with me?" Yichen wondered as he poured a little bit of wine into each of their cups.

Yichen handed Mochou his cup and took the other. He then instructed Mochou to intertwine their arms together.once in position to perform the wedding toast Yichen paused to speak.

"Mochou, I love you. I am the happiest man alive tonight to be able to call you my spouse. Since the first time I met you I knew you were special. No other has been able to capture my heart. There has only ever been you and there will only ever be you. I hope the days to come are filled with happiness, love, and success." Yichen said.