Chapter 26: Wedding Day (Pt.2)

Boom! Crack

Boom! Crack... bang!

Boom! Crackle... bang... bang!

Bang!

"Sounds like the boys are here to pick you up. Mochou are you ready?" Xin Mi asked

The sound of the firecrackers and all the noise was a surprise for Mochou. He knew weddings were boisterous events but he didn't expect such things for his own wedding. He expected a quiet event. So when he heard all the noise he was reluctant to go out.

"Come, don't be afraid. Yichen will come in to carry you away soon. Let us go to the entrance and greet him." She said as she placed the veil over Mochou's face and led him to the door.

Yichen burst through the gate while laughing and a big grin on his face.

"Mochou my love I have come for your hand in marriage." He announced loud and clear.

"Is that what he's supposed to say?" Mochou wondered as he lightly laughed.

Yichen quickly spotted Mochou. He gave him a long look up and down.

"You look beautiful, but I can't see your face? It's a shame, you must look incredible under that veil." Yichen said as he walked closer to Mochou.

Mochou was amused by his words but soon found himself also staring at Yichen. Like him he was wearing a red wedding outfit.

Yichen's outfit was more masculine in design and had embroidery along the collar, cuffs, and the base of the robe. The design were also gold in colour. But unlike Mochou's peonies his were a geometric pattern Mochou didn't hate it but he also couldn't help but think it would have been nice if the patterns matched.

Yichen stood in front of Mochou. Because Mochou was standing on the steps he was higher than usual and they now stood face to face.

"How are you feeling?" Yichen asked as he gently touched Mochou's arm that was still wrapped in a splint.

"I'm fine. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday." Mochou said.

"That's good. If you feel unwell at any time you need to tell me."

"I will."

With that said Yichen picked Mochou up in his arms and carried him out the gate to the family's mule cart decorated in red. Yichen placed him in the cart and they soon began their parade around the village.

Mochou held tight to Yichen as they moved. Riding a mule cart was a lot rougher than he imagined. He was afraid of he didn't he hold tight he would fall off. Yichen noticed his distress and smiled in response.

As they made their trip many people gathered to watch and give their well wishes. It seemed pleasant enough but Mochou's mind was somewhere else.

"They better not throw anything. I don't want them to ruin Yichen's happiness." Mochou thought as he glared at the young boys through his veil.