Chapter 50: Trembling Hands (Pt.1)

Yichen was sullen and depressed the whole way home. Aside from needing to talk to the ox cart driver he barely spoke at all.

Mochou wanted to comfort him but he was unwilling to give him what he wanted. Not if it meant getting pregnant. When they finally reached their home Mochou was fed up with his depressing mood and decided to kick him in the ass.

Bam*

Caught off guard Yichen lost his balanced and fell to his knees.

"Mo... Mochou?!"

"Stop sulking. So we don't have the magical herb to make THAT medicine. It's not the end of the world." Mochou shouted.

"Then you're still willing to make love without it?" Yichen asked hopeful of Mochou's answer.

"No!"

Yichen felt like he had been struck by lightning. The very thought of going a full two weeks without being able to touch his bae was unbearable.

"Please. I promise to be very VERY careful."

"You made that same promise last night and not once did you keep it." Mochou rebutted angrily.

"That... I was too excited. I swear I've learnt my lesson. I won't do it again."

"No. I won't change my mind about this."

"But, Mochou it's fourteen days!"

"You went seventeen years without it before. Fourteen days will go quick. I guarantee it." Mochou said. He himself went over three decades as a virgin. Unlike the depressed Yichen he wasn't upset about the fourteen days of celibacy.

"Mochou, why aren't you more upset about this? Do you not enjoy it?" Yichen asked feeling worse by the second.

"I enjoy it. I'm also unhappy about us not being able to do it for the next two weeks. However more than my want to be intimate my fear of getting pregnant is a lot stronger." Mochou explained.

"You won't. I'll be careful. I promise." Yichen muttered.

"Why is he sulking like an abandoned puppy?" Mochou wondered. His heart couldn't help but squeeze at the sight of his husband's begging.

Mochou was absolutely determined not to give in but it didn't stop the guilt from eating away at his resolve. Afraid he might fold at any moment Mochou made a break for it.

"I'm sorry Yichen but the answer is no." Mochou said before grabbing the basket of vegetables and running away.

"Mochou, where are you going?" Yichen said before darting forward to chase after him. Unfortunately he was too slow. Mochou managed to lock the door of their little hut before he could go inside.

"Mochou, open the door?" Yichen called out.

"No, I'm going to make lunch. While I cook you should work on the chicken coop." Mochou commanded.

"Why can't I come in?"

"Because you keep begging for THAT. Until you stop you can't come in." Mochou said.

"Sorry, I know you are worried about getting pregnant. I'll stop pressuring you. I won't pressure you, but I want you to know that I love you. I love making love to you. It feels great and it makes me feel connected to you, not only physically but emotionally as well."

Yichen revealed his heart through the locked door. While he did that Mochou was quietly going into a panic on his own side of the door.

"No!!! Why are you being so sweet? How am I supposed to reject your advances if you say those things?"