Chapter 63: Silence

When they reached home Yichen dropped the tree in the yard. Mochou wanted to check the tree and cut away a piece of it to start carving but Yichen pulled him away.

"Yichen?"

"..."

Yichen remained silent. He pulled Mochou into the little hut without pause. He didn't let go of his hand or stop until they reached the bed.

"Lay down." Yichen demanded in a low voice.

It was the first thing he said to Mochou since the forest. Mochou was a little surprised by how cold his voice sounded. Not wanting to anger Yichen more, Mochou obediently lay down on the bed. Yichen let go of Mochou's hand and went over to his medical kit to grab his acupuncture needles.

"What are you doing?" Mochou asked.

"I'm going to use my needles to make sure your arm and our Little Grape are safe." Yichen said.

"Do you think there is a problem with the baby? But I'm not in any pain or..."

"You were chopping down a tree. You, a pregnant GER, was chopping down a tree." Yichen muttered. He was so upset he couldn't bear to even look Mochou in the eyes when he spoke. Mochou immediately stopped talking and lay back down.

"I really upset him." Mochou thought whilereflectibg on his actions.

Yichen slowly undid Mochou's clothes to have better access to his body. Normally he would be attracted to Mochou's body, but at this moment he looked at him with a furrowed brow.

"Yichen, I..."

"Lay still." Yichen interrupted.

Mochou stopped moving. Yichen didn't shout but it was obvious he was angry. Even so Mochou had something he wanted to say.

"I'm sorry."

Yichen's hand flinched when he heard Mochou apologize. Mochou also paused and waited for him to say something but he only moved to insert the needles in silence. Not getting told to be quiet Mochou decided to keep talking.

"I'm having a hard time not doing anything. I'm sorry. I'll do better. I promise to do better. Yichen, forgive me." Mochou said.

Yichen placed his hand on Mochou's soft cheek. He didn't say a word for a long time. Mochou was worried but the longer Yichen looked at him the softer his eyes became.

"Yichen, I love you. I'll be more careful. I'll listen to everything you say." Mochou nervously added when a long time passed without him saying a word.

Mochou didn't know what else to say. He desperately hoped Yichen would forgive him. He was even ready to beg for forgiveness.

"Mochou, why are you so different?" Yichen suddenly asked.

Mochou was shocked by his question. He knew he was different from the other GERs. The reason he was different was simple. He wasn't from this world. But he never expected Yichen to ask him about it with such sad eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'll try to be like all the other GERs." Mochou whispered.

"I'm not asking you to be like all the other GERs. What I want to know is why you are so different. Not so you can change, but so I can understand you better." Yichen clarified for Mochou.

"Should I... should I tell him the truth?" Mochou mused as he looked at Yichen. Mochou hadn't decided yet if now was the best time to talk about is rebirth when Yichen started to talk again.

"I spoke with Doctor Yen today. He told me a little about your past. How he used to help treat your injuries after you were beaten by your parents. You never talk about you're past."