Chspter 14: Yichen's Father (pt.2)

Mochou woke up extra early or rather he barely slept and decided to give up and get up out of bed. He wasn't sure if it was excitement to finally start making money or being able to see Yichen again.

"I wonder if he has had a chance to eat? Even if he did he'll be traveling after, I should prepare him a snack. Argh! Why is my kitchen so bare. If I at least had flour I could make buns." Mochou cursed as he bustled about in the little kitchen area.

"The best I can do is give him some warm tea before he departs and a little baggy of oleaster berries." Mochou muttered his lips pressed tight in a pout as he looked at the pitiful table of ingredients.

Thinking about how he always managed to feed Zi Ruo well even in the apocalypse but couldn't do the same for Yichen in the ancient world made his heart hurt.

"I'll have to dry some meat jerky as a snack so I can offer him something more substantial next time." Mochou decided while looking at the rabbits in the yard.

After some time passed Mochou noticed the sun begin to rise in the distance.

"He should be here soon." He thought with a delicate smile.

Mochou wasn't wrong not ten minutes later Mochou could here the sound of someone approaching.

"Strange it sounds like two people?" Mochou pondered as he walked over to the door. To his surprise when he peeked outside the door he saw not only Yichen but an older man.

Bang!*

On instinct he immediately shut the door. His heart beating loud in his chest.

"Mochou, don't worry. This is my dad. He's here to meet you." Yichen called out after giving his father a nasty glare.

Mochou heard what Yichen said but before he could answer he was hit by a fierce headache.

"Ugh... Not now!" Mochou begged as lights flashed before his eyes.

...

| "No! Please don't kill me. I'm sorry."

Mochou was thrown into the moment when the young boy was being attacked by his crazed mother.

It started with her using a knife but the blood made the blade slippery and she quickly dropped it.

Mochou tried to crawl away. His body bloody as he begged for her to stop.

"I'm sorry. I'll be good. I'm sorry I was born a GER. Please, mother don't kill me!"

"Don't call me mother! You parasite. You... you ruined my life." His mother shouted back fiercely.

The little boy tried to get away but she grabbed his ankle and pull him close. Her nails digging into his flesh.

"No!!!" The boy wailed as he dug his hands into the floor boards in an attempt to escape. His fingernails breaking in the struggle.

The woman no longer had the knife but it didn't stop her. Using her own nails she continued to attack the young boy. Her sharp nails tore away at the flesh on his face and neck.

"What use is there for a GER to be beautiful. It is nothing but a waste. A parasite like you should be ugly and ashamed of himself for being born!" She shouted as she continuously attacked the young boy.

Mochou desperately wanted to fight back on behalf of the boy. But he was reminded of his own death. The face of the woman overlapped with those of the zombies who ate away at his flesh. Desperate he called out.

"Fight back! Don't give up." They were the same words he told himself as he succumbed to the attacked of the zombies.

His life might not have been the greatest but it didn't mean he wanted to die. He wanted to live. To live and to someday find someone he could share the joys and sorrows with.