Chapter 46: Hyper Vigilance (NSFW)

"Where is he?" Mochou wondered as he glanced around the area. From the moment they left the Hong's home Mochou was looking around in search of Yichen's childhood friend Fu Ling.

Before they entered the Hong's home to discuss building a house the man was stalking them. When they left Mochou immediately began looking for the man. At first when he didn't see him Mochou was relieved, but then he began wondering why the suspicious man was gone.

"Yichen, let's hurry home." Mochou said as his pace changed from a leisurely walk to a rushed jog.

"Mochou, what's the hurry? We have all night." Yichen joked thinking the reason Mochou wanted to hurry was so they could hurry to bed.

"Stop joking and hurry up." Mochou snapped with a face twisted in worry.

Seeing him in such a panic Yichen realized Mochou wasn't hurrying along for him. Not wanted to upset Mochou more Yichen quickened his pace to match Mochou's.

Finally reaching their home Mochou slowly scanned the area for anything suspicious as they walked towards the house.

"Let me go first." Yichen whispered.

As they were rushing over Yichen had time to think. He now understood Mochou was most likely worried that Fu Ling was up to no good. That maybe he was planning to robbed them.

Mochou looked at his husband. The bruising on his face reminded Mochou of the worry he felt the day before because of the fight Yichen got into for his sake. He didn't want the same thing to happen again so he planned to go in by himself first.

Yichen also looked at Mochou. He looked at the fractured arm tightly wrapped in a splint and tucked into a sling. There was no way he would step back and let Mochou go first.

They both stepped forward and grabbed the gate. When Yichen noticed Mochou's intention he jumped over the gate and hurried inside without him. Mochou was left behind struggling to open the gate as he watched Yichen enter the little hut.

"Wait for me!" He yelled as he opened the creaky gate and ran towards the hut.

"Mochou, relax. No one is here." Yichen said when Mochou entered. His words however didn't ease Mochou's paranoia as he began shifting through all their belongings and checking to make sure nothing had changed. Yichen could only watch Mochou with a heavy heart.

"Everything here is the same... maybe he took some thing from outside!" Mochou thought as he hurried out the door to check the few things they owned.

"Mochou, no one has been here but us. I swear. Come inside and have some tea." Yichen pleaded as he grabbed some wood to start a fire. Mochou however was still walking around the yard his eyes frequently looking over the wall.

"What should I do. My bae is clearly distressed." Yichen thought as he started a fire for some tea. He considered his options and decided to make a stronger soothing tea in hopes of helping Mochou relax.

"Mochou, the tea is ready!" Yichen shouted.

"..."

"Mochou?" Yichen exclaimed again when he didn't come inside.

"..."

Not getting an answer again Yichen stepped outside to check on him. When he did he found Mochou engaging in a staring contest with Fu Ling.

"Fu Ling, why are you here?" Yichen asked furious the man had showed up at his home again.

"Yichen, old friend. I heard a rumor you've decided to build a house. I... I wanted to offer my help." Fu Ling nervously announced.