Only a 'Demo'

This guy. 

"SHUUUUUIIIICCCCHIIIII !!!!", I shouted while keeping on a steady pace, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING !???HELP ME WILL YOU !???" Not to my surprise, he just kinda dodged around and watched as it attempted to KILL me. Urk. "You got yourself into this", I heard him say faintly, "So why do I have to help you ?" "Because if I die then who knows what excuse you'll say !", I hissed back. I nearly got my head cut off when I slightly tripped over some sort of metal pipe laying around. I noticed him sneer. "Oh well then", he replied, suddenly stopping in place since he wasn't the one being followed after, "If you die, then that means I'll have one less person to worry about." While I was still aimlessly moving around trying not to be killed, I caught a glimpse of him pick up one of those metal pipes. And then he threw it. At me. I caught it and blocked. "If you at least want to live, I suggest that you use that", he said. "Grrrrr...", I mumbled, pushing this demon back, "You think I have a choice !??" He smirked. Was he going to watch me or something !? I'm sure he found the situation amusing. Though, I already knew that I was too busy fooling around.

 Suddenly, while attempting to fight back, a shadow appeared behind it. And then with a swift movement of a wrist, it froze, and slightly looked behind it. The familiar face was what somewhat caught me off guard. "You...", the demon had hissed, before it fell to the ground with a loud 'thud'. She smiled casually as I took a deep breath and stared at her. Shuichi moved closer to the demon that was laying on the ground."Hello", she said casually, her gaze towards the both of us. 

"How are you today ?"

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 So after that whole entire scenario, we walked home like we were normal. Like nothing had ever happened at all. She had disposed of it within a second. And Shuichi and I were there, watching her. This girl was also like Shuichi. But somewhat less rage-inducing. Ciel. A very longtime childhood friend.

"This was such an unexpected meeting", she said. I liked how she didn't even try to sound surprised. "Only idiots would fall for that", Shuichi replied. I waited for her to reply. Ciel grinned, putting her hands in her pocket. "You haven't changed a bit", she said to him. He sneered and I was just there, like a stranger. "So, you've found out ?", She said, now looking at me as we walked, him following behind us. I nodded. "Somewhat", I muttered. Ciel put her arms behind her head and took a deep breath. "So it seems", I heard her say faintly, a serious look on her face."So just what have you been up to all this time ?", Shuichi asked her when we were all side by side. She lifted a finger up to her lips and smiled. "That's a secret", she sang, somewhat with a wink. I somewhat averted my gaze when she did that. I know exactly what she was doing. 

"So how have you guys been anyways ?", She asked us, looking up at the colored sunset. And then there was a pause."You guys dating or something ? You guys seem very close." I tripped on my own foot and crashed into Shuichi's back. He didn't fall, but I did. We all stopped walking and just stood in one area. I slowly pushed myself up, slightly teary, and looked up at the both of them. Ciel was... grinning ? And Shuichi was... expressionless. Blank. Well duh. "What are you talking about Ciel !??", I shouted without any second thought, "Why him !?? I have choices you know !?" Oops. I noticed him look at me from the corner of his eye and glare. "That's right", he said nonchalantly seconds later, "Why would I want to be with some idiot who trips over her own foot ?" I pushed myself up and stared at him. "Well it's not like I ever agreed to be with a guy like you !", I shouted. I could tell that he got irritated. "Yeah well, I'd rather be with someone who knew what they were doing. People like you would only drag me down." I found it so annoying how he sounded so calm. This guy 💢. The both of us then began to argue about why and when and what. I couldn't tell about what Ciel was thinking, but I most likely knew she found our arguing amusing. So be it right ? She began laughing about 10 minutes later. 

Shuichi and I slowly turned our gazes towards her laughing face. "Oi", I hissed, "What're you laughing at." She smirked and shrugged. "Who knows", she said, "You guys both look like an old married couple." Shuichi huffed and pushed past me. "Hey !", I exclaimed. He turned around and flicked me in the forehead. "You wish", he said, before walking off by himself. Ciel continued to laugh. "Why you....", I muttered, rummaging though my school bag. A book, which I had found, I took it and aimed for his head. "You... you... OCTOPUS !!!!" I threw it and it perfectly hit the back of his head. Ciel stopped laughing as we watched him stop in place, and slowly turned around with a really cruel looking smile. Geh.I felt a hand on my shoulder. I slowly turned around, hoping Ciel would help me. Instead, guess what ? "Welp, good luck with that", she said, before suddenly disappearing. My jaw dropped. I turned back around to see him already walking towards me, that dangerous look on his face. I took a deep breath and smiled uneasily as he loomed over me. 

Geh. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 So here's what I learned today. Never trust people with gentle looking expressions. They can kill you. Especially if you know a guy with scarlet colored hair and call him an octopus. When I got home that day, Ciel was no where in sight. Just Mizuki, who was asking me to make food. A restless feeling hit me when I was in the kitchen.

 If Ciel was here, then is it possible that... 

I felt a tug on my sleeve. Looking to my side, Mizuki. "Nani ?", I asked him. "Earlier, there was an Onee-san who was looking for you", he said, "She even had the key to the house." This surprised me. So then Ciel already knew about Mizuki. "What did she say ?", I asked, wiping my hands on the dry cloth. We walked over to the counter and took a seat. "She asked me who I was", Mizuki said, a slight tone of hesitation, "She said she needed you for something." "She asked for my location ?", I asked. He nodded. "She said something about Nakanishi." I looked up at the clock which was across from where we sat. Hanging on the wall, 'tick-tock, tick-tock'. I stood up and pushed the chair in. "Was that all she said ?", I asked. He nodded. "After I told her I didn't know where you were, she smiled and just left." "She didn't ask for you name ?" Mizuki walked towards the fridge and pulled out a cold water bottle. "She did", he said. "So I told her that my name was 'Mizuki'." I sighed and walked into the living room. When I was sitting down, a slow realization hit me. It caused me to laugh. 

 "Are you guys going out or something ?" I pulled my legs closer to my chest and pulled out my pendant from under my shirt. Inside the bottle, that candy which I had given to Mizuki the first day we met. I tightened my grasp around it and stared at the clock.

 "..............."