"Meaningless" Moments

"Shhhhhuuuuiiiiiiccchhhiiiiiii~!"

There was a somewhat agitated look on his face. "What do you want ?", he asked as he looked up from the textbook that was set out in front of him. We were currently in the library, just him and I. I think he was trying to study for something. I mean, I should be doing the same but... "I'm hungry." He sighed in disbelief. "Well what do you want me to do about it ?", he asked, looking back to the textbook, "If you want food we can go and get some in a few minutes. That's if you'll shut up. The more you say my name and distract me, the longer it'll take for us to get out of here." I sighed in dismay and pouted. "How cruel", I mumbled as I crossed my arms and put my head down. He didn't reply, but I could hear him flipping through pages. Since I didn't know how much longer we'd stay in the library, I decided to close my eyes. Maybe I would sleep until he finished ? I stole a quick glance at Shuichi. He looked so focused that it was almost annoying. Hmm, how strange. Why did I feel annoyed ? "Nee, Klutz, if you're trying to get my attention, then do it when I'm done." I sighed and put my head down again. "Yes, yes", I mumbled softly into my arm, "Will do, will do."

It wasn't until about 4:50 in the afternoon that Shuichi finally decided to wake me up. When he woke me up, it took me a couple seconds to realize that I was still in the library with him. I sat up and stretched my arms out. "How long have I been asleep ?", I asked him as I yawned. "How long have we been here ?" I covered my mouth with my hand, slightly tearing up. He was standing behind my chair, waiting for me. I looked towards the window to see the mid-afternoon skyline. I lazily got up and when he wasn't looking, I reached for his arm. "What're you doing ?", he asked me. I yawned again and slightly tightened my grip around his arm. "I'm tired", I mumbled softly, "You took too long to finish." I heard him chuckle. I could feel him wrap his arm around my waist to keep me from stumbling around. At the moment, if you couldn't tell, I was still somewhat or slightly, half asleep. I was glad that he caught on. "If you're this sleepy, I could carry you on my back ?", he suggested, "I'd rather not have you running into people. That'd be quite troublesome." I grinned into the sleeve of his uniform. "But what if someone sees us ?", I asked him sluggishly, "Won't that be.. weird ?" When I looked up he was grinning at me like I was some sort of idiot. Then again... "No, not really", he replied nonchalantly, "After all, you are my supposed girlfriend, are you not ?" I chuckled at his remark. "If not", I replied, "Then who else would I be ?" He shrugged. "An impostor", he replied. "A really bad one at that." The both of us stopped walking and stood in one of the hallways of the school. For a short moment, we stared at each other before turning away.

Shuichi slightly moved in front of me and knelt down a bit. "Here", he said as he shifted around, "Get on or else I'll leave you." I stood there, staring at him before I broke out into a grin. I hesitantly got onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck. Afterwords, he got up and began walking. I rested my head on his back and sighed. "Sorry", I mumbled softly. "Nani ?", he asked, "For what ?" "For dragging you into stuff." "Like ?" "This." There was a momentary silence. I felt like I was always getting him to do so many meaningless things. In the end, Shuichi was the one that ended up breaking the silence between us. "If you weren't here", he began to say, "Then everything up until now would have been boring. I'd prefer to be entertained than to be completely bored." I grinned and slightly tightened my grip around Shuichi's neck. But of course, I wasn't planning on strangling him, no. He'd strangle me before that'd even happen. Such a lovable relationship we had, don't you think ? Even though it was fake, sometimes it felt like some moments were real. Then again, what moments would I have considered... never mind. Scratch that. Shiori, just what in the world are you thinking ?

"Hey, Shuichi, someday when I'm not around, will you replace me ?" He kept his gaze on the area that was in front of us. "What's that supposed to mean ?", he asked me, "Are you going to go die or something ?" I didn't reply but I ended up with a smile. "Nothing really", I mumbled softly, "I was just wondering if you'd ever replace me, your "supposed" girlfriend." He sighed and looked up at the sky. "If push comes to shove, then I will", he replied, sounding somewhat bored, "However, if you were to for some reason, disappear on me, I'd try and find you." "But what if you can't ?", I asked back. "Are you questioning me ?" He peered over his shoulder with a scowl on his face. It caused me to grin. "Maybe, maybe not", I replied with a muffled yawn, "But if that's the case, I'll be waiting for you to come and save me. Yes ?" "Naturally", he said with a smirk. And for the rest of the way home, we walked in silence. Though every once and a while, we'd speak as if there wasn't a problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time we got to my house, it was around 5:45. Ciel was the one who answered the door, looking somewhat surprised. "So that's where you were", she said to me as I slowly got off Shuichi's back, "I was beginning to worry. I thought that something might've happened to you." "Like ?", Shuichi asked her. "Kidnapped", she simply replied back, "I thought that Shiori might've gotten kidnapped." Shuichi grinned. "Is it because of how clumsy she is ?" To his remark, I jokingly hit him on the shoulder. He ignored me though. Mizuki peered over and smiled when he saw us standing there in the doorway. "Hi Yon, Shi !", he said from behind Ciel. Shuichi raised his hand and I smiled back. "Hi Mizuki", I replied back. "Where were you guys ?" Ciel smirked at the both of us before turning to Mizuki. "Oh, Mizuzu, Mizuzu", Ciel muttered with a faint smile, "You have a lot to learn. Anyhow, don't worry about that right now." "What do you mean ?", he asked her, "I'm just asking them where they were.." "Library", I said, stepping in to change the subject before it got any weirder, "I'm hungry. Is there food ?" I moved past Ciel and pulled Mizuki along with me. "Let's go to the kitchen", I said when I saw a confused look on Mizuki's face, "I'm hungry." "You didn't eat ?", he asked me. I shook my head.

"Jeez, I wonder why", I heard Shuichi say. I looked over my shoulder and glared at him. Ciel noticed and broke out into a grin. "Hmm", she mumbled with a slight interest. "I wonder why." I reached for a water bottle and threw it at Ciel. She caught it anyways. "Don't get the wrong idea", I replied, slightly frowning, "Besides, all we did was study." "You study ?", Ciel asked. I glared at her.

"Well I mean, what else are you supposed to do in a library ?"