Appearance of a Rival

I yawned as I leaned on the wall beside me. It was a mere Tuesday and some trouble already happened. Apparent to some, but not me. Apparently, I have a "rival". And clearly, its a rival who wants Shuichi. But as I had stated in the past chapters, no one believes that he and I aren't both together. Oh well. Then again, this 'so-called' rival of mine is indeed annoying. She can have Shuichi all she wants, yes, but then again, she can't exactly have the octopus. We don't need anyone to get in the way of the klutz and the octopus. I still haven't acknowledged her. I just see her as one of his fangirls. But I gotta say, I liked how she attempted to be friends with me. 

While we were siting in class, I noticed Ciel with a really bothered and annoyed look on her face. Sensei gave us some free time, so it was alright to ask. I considered the moment to be a short break. "Ciel, you look annoyed", I said bluntly, "What happen ?" She slowly looked my way. "His wannabe stalker happened", she hissed. I tilted my head. I tried not to grin. "What'd she do ?" She leaned back into her chair an grimaced. "That girl tried being all clingy-clingy with me", she said, "So I bluntly said that I didn't like her. She started crying and made a fuss about it, but obviously, they were fake tears." I sighed. "Oblivious to others ?", I asked. She nodded. "I wouldn't have done that if she hadn't suddenly came out of nowhere and was like, 'Are you friends with Minamino-San ?'." I laughed. "So now what, people hate you now for being honest ?" Ciel sneered. "They can do what they want", she mumbled, "I could care less. Besides, people already know how I go around Meiou." I grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Time Skip to Lunch]

Ciel broke out laughing. "I didn't think she'd be that clingy", he said with disbelief. The three of us were all walking to the main market to buy something to eat. "So then, what was it about you being mean to her Ciel ?", he asked. Ciel stopped laughing an shrugged. "I could care less if she cried", she said, "It's not like I want to be friends with someone just because they wanna use you to get close to some guy they're in love with." I sighed. "She really wants you, you know ?", I mumbled. I didn't notice, but there was a gleam in Ciel's eyes. "Yeah, like all those other weirdos in your fan club who desperately want your heart", Ciel stated, "Apparently, you can get just any girl you want. And then there's Shiori." Their gazes landed on me. "Wh..what are you talking about ?" Shuichi smirked. "I guess you can say that", I heard him say faintly. I tried to think of a comeback.

"As if I'd wanna be with an octopus anyways !" They both laughed as he patted my head. "Yes, yes", he said, a grin on his face, "It's not like I wanna be with a klutz either." Ciel sighed. "What a waste", she said, "You guys would be perfect together. Besides, you already have Mizuki." We both turned to look at her. In unison, we said:

"Shut up Ciel."

She laughed. "Maybe if you tell your stalker that you have a kid already, then she'll stop." He elbowed her on the side. "Idiot, that would only make things worse !", he replied, "Besides, you already know that it's not true. I'm already stuck in a situation with Klutz here. Mentioning something like a "kid" would only make it worse." "Yeah Ciel !" Wait. "What's that supposed to mean Shuichi !??" She shrugged. "Whatever you'd like", she mumbled. "Besides." She grinned.

"I'm pretty sure that a large majority of people think you're together anyway."

I stared at her blankly as Shuichi didn't say anything. He just stared off as we walked. "Hontou !???????" Ciel grinned. "I feel bad for any of those guys who like you", she said, "You sure are oblivious to everything that goes on around you." I laughed it off awkwardly. "That's not true, Huh Shuichi ?" I turned to him and he shrugged. "Well ?" I instantly made a mistake when I asked him.

He sneered. "If you want."

Our walked lasted about 10 minutes more when we finally stopped at Kaede Park. We were all sitting on one of those metal picnic tables when suddenly, Ciel noticed something. We weren't gonna bother questioning it, but it would appear that we had to sooner or later. "Oi, Shuichi", she said in a low voice, "Did you... happen to tell your stalker where we were heading ?" He huffed. "As if", he said out loud. We heard snickering and rustling nearby. They were right behind me. "Oi, I have a plan", Ciel was saying. We both leaned in to listen.

"Shuichi, you don't mind making it look like you both are busy right ?", She asked him. He stared at her suspiciously. "What are you planning to have us do ?", He said sternly. Ciel sighed. "Make it look like you stole a kiss." I stared at her. "Say what !??", I hissed. "Just do it", she replied. "But how !?" She grinned. "Just follow his lead", she said. I turned to Shuichi and flinched. Here comes a character.

"Shiori", he said in a fake gentle tone. I was about ready to make a run for it. Uuuugh but I'm stuck. "Y...yeah ?", I mumbled, trying to avoid any eye contact. I felt him place a hand on my face as I was forced to look at him. Ciel, who was sitting right there sneered. "Don't wanna be interrupting now", she said as she turned away for a slight moment. Ah gosh. I'M STUCK. I wanted to cringe. Oh wait. 

I already was.

But I knew it was just an act. Our foreheads bumped into each other as he secretly stuck his tongue at me. "You wish", he had said. Disbelief. Complete Disbelief. I wanted to pinch his cheek. I noticed that after, he slightly moved to the side of my head as he pulled me in for a hug. I heard the muffled sound of squealing before it suddenly disappeared. We were like that for at least 3 minutes. 

"They gone yet ?", He asked Ciel. She huffed. "Yup", she said, her arms crossed against her chest.  "They're gone." He sighed. But his arms were still around my neck. He didn't let go. I placed my hands on his arms and took a deep breath. Looking in the direction of where they ran off to, I could only think of what would happen next.

"Oh yeah", I mumbled. "What was her name again ?"