Silhouettes of Another Shadow

[Sometimes, things were meant to happen for a reason. Don't you agree ?]

"Kana", he said to me, "You're a demon yet you want to aid someone like me ? Someone who's ideals stand against your own ? Are you certain that you're prepared to betray those that have entrusted you for so long ?" "If I had doubts, then surely, I wouldn't have come here, don't you agree ?", I asked. The stern look on his face disappeared as a more serene one appeared. "If that is your choice, then so let it be. However, once if begins, you can never go back."

"I'm aware."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the end, this place really was the Demon World. A place where blackened hearts existed the most. The place itself was nothing more than a place of chaos. "Hope" was such a limited thing. Especially in merged worlds.

With one last yelp, the messenger collapsed in front of me. I watched as a pool of blood slowly began to form underneath him. "Why...?", I heard him say weakly as he looked up at me in pain, "How could you.. do this..?" He was clutching onto his side, the place where I had struck him. I slowly broke out into a smile. "Do what ?", I asked apathetically. There was a hint of amusement in my voice. "The Council...", the demon said slowly, "Will.. find out.. of what you.. did to me. Could it be.. that you're.. going to betray them.. by killing me...?" "You don't seem to understand the situation", I replied in a carefree tone, "Though, I guess I'll allow you to assume that. You don't have much time alive anyways." "So then.. it's a.. yes ?" I chuckled and loomed over him. "I don't know, you tell me", I said nonchalantly. "How could you... do this ?", he asked faintly. "I thought you... despised humans ?" I shrugged and slowly moved closer to him. Once I was beside him, I knelt down and grinned. 

"Sometimes, there are some things that you are willing to throw away for the sake of others", I replied bitterly. I raised my hand and diagonally held it above his neck. "And in this case", my voice trailed off, "I'm willing to throw away everything in order to see a new world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Sachi slammed his fists against the desk around the same time he abruptly stood up. "What !?", he shouted, "He was killed !?" Ryou nodded his head slowly. "His corpse was found floating in the river nearby", Ryou replied sternly. "Who the hell could've done this !?" Xiela, who was sitting to my right look up at Sachi dully. "Perhaps he was caught ?", she suggested. "Impossible !", Sachi snapped, "He was one of our best spies !" "Though that necessarily doesn't signify anything, now does it ?", I added in. Sachi frowned and turned back to Ryou. "Where is Luurè ?", he asked him. "Luurè is with Eion at the moment", Ryou replied nonchalantly  "They're in the East Wing, examining the body." Xiela turned to me with a grin. "Hmm..", she mumbled enthusiastically, "I wonder who was stupid enough to get in the way of the Council's plans ?" As a response I smirked. "Indeed", I replied as I looked over the reports that were on my portion of the table, "Clearly, someone needs to be put in their place." In the background, I could hear Sachi giving out orders. He still sounded agitated. "Hey, if that fool had lived, I wonder what kind of information he would've given us ?" , she said. "Who knows", I mumbled as I skimmed through the papers, "Though there's really not much that we can do now." "Agreed."

After a while, the doors to the main room opened up to reveal Luurè and Eion. Like usual, even they had papers in their hands. Makai didn't have a government of any sort, but the Council existed to monitor the movements between the Demon World and the Human World. Since they were merged worlds, there had to be some sort of system to watch over them. Sometimes we'd even observe the Spirit World. The Council consisted of 10 members, 5 of which who have been members since the very beginning. I was included in that group of 5. For nearly 10,000 years, it's been like this. Someday surely, there'll be a change. "Kana". From the corner of my eye, I could see Luurè heading in my direction. "Nande ?", I asked as I turned to him. "You're not doing anything at the moment correct ?" I took a small portion of papers from the table and waved it in front of him. "I guess you can say that", I replied with a grin. Luurè chuckled at my response. "I have a task for you", he said. "As in ?", I asked as I returned the papers back to the table. "A little investigation", he replied nonchalantly, "I want you to figure out what happened to our short lived companion moments before he was killed." I sighed in dismay. "You give me such bothersome", I mumbled, "But I guess it's better than being stuck in a place like this." Luurè grinned as I stood up. "I guess it can't be helped", I mumbled.