Subsided Emotions

As usual, there was that collected look on her face. When Wakahisa opened the door, there she was, sitting nonchalantly at a desk. That desk was most likely hers, considering how she was the president of that.. cringe club. "I brought her Prez", Wakahisa was saying as I followed after her. No matter where I turned, all I saw were pictures of Shuichi. Just looking at some of them made me shiver. I stopped walking and turned to Wakahisa and Izumi, who were both talking. "Thank you for bringing her", is what I think Izumi said to her. Wakahisa looked enthusiastic while they had their little conversation. But before I knew it, Wakahisa left. I stared at the door that had closed behind her.

"You asked her to lock it ?" I heard Izumi walking over to me. "Naturally", was her response. I turned to Izumi. "So ?", I asked, slightly tilting my head to the side, "Why'd you call for me all of a sudden ?" If I recall, it was rare to ever see her around. A grin appeared on Izumi's face. Her deep emerald colored hair which was tied up into a ponytail, swayed as she moved."You sound like it's a bad thing", she said, walking back to her desk. I followed after her and stood nearby her desk. "Not necessarily", I replied, placing a hand on my neck, "It's just that, being called up by you will be troublesome. Especially if things start to spread again." Izumi laughed, probably thinking about what I was thinking about. "Like when they said you and Minamino-san were together ?" Without a second thought, I nodded my head. "I don't want that to happen again", I mumbled, walking over to the nearest window. I looked outside to see people out on lunch break. "Well luckily for you, this isn't the case." I leaned against the wall and looked back at Izumi. Her voice suddenly went stern. "What's the point of being the president of this fan club if you don't even like Shuichi ?", I asked. I peered over to see her grin. "To watch you", was the only thing she had to say about my question. "Could it be that you're jealous ?" I broke out into a laugh. "Of who ?", I asked, somewhat muffling my laughter. When I finally stopped, I got silent. "I gave up on love a long time ago. Don't you know ?", I asked in a soft, stern voice. Izumi didn't reply. 

"Anyhow, the reason to why I called you here was because I picked up on something involving the Nakanishi Clan." Hearing the name 'Nakanishi' didn't faze me. I continued to look out the window. "Like ?", I asked quietly. "Apparently he's coming back", she began to say. I cut her off shortly. "He ?", I repeated, uncertain about what she was talking about. "Who is he ?" Her grin faded away as we locked gazes. "Ao", she replied sternly. "Ao is coming back." My eyes widened. "But that's.. not possible." She cut me off. "Let me finish first", she said with a sigh, "Jeez, too many things are going on. This is too confusing." I grinned. "Won't you get in trouble for talking to me about this stuff ?", I asked. After all, she was from the Ikeda Branch. Just like Kris and Touya, who were from the Morishige Branch. She was affiliated with the Nakanishi Clan. Izumi shrugged. "It doesn't matter", she replied, spinning around in her office chair, "I could care less. The only order I had was to watch over you. No one said that I couldn't tell you anything." I chuckled and turned towards the locked door. "Yet, you still have to move with caution huh ?" She nodded. "Anyhow, going back to what I was saying", she started to say, "A few days ago, we received word that someone who was originally affiliated with the Nakanishi Clan was coming back. At first, I ignored it but after looking into it a bit more, I found out that the person they were referring to was Ao." I realized that Izumi was waiting for my reaction. I moved over to one of the desks and took a seat. "But thats weird", I mumbled, looking down at the polished desktop, "I thought he left for good when I left.." I looked up at Izumi. "So why ?" She shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine", she replied, moving her hair back. "From what I've heard, he supposed to be arriving in a few days." "Does Ciel know about this yet or...?" For a second time, I was cut off. An unsettling feeling came over me as Izumi's phone suddenly rang. She looked confused but when she answered it, the color of her face drained. She placed it on speaker and I instantly recognized the voice. It belonged to Mai, another person involved with the Ikeda Branch.

'Speaking of Mai...' "Hello ? Izumi ?", she asked through the phone. "Yeah ?", Izumi replied casually, as if I weren't even there, "What is it ?" "Are you on lunch break right now?" Izumi and I locked gazes again but I didn't do anything but listen. She turned away to look at the clock. "Of course I am", Izumi replied, "Why do you ask ?" "Nanao is calling for you", she said. "But why now ?", Izumi asked, spinning around in her chair. "I'm still at school. You should be too. Why're you even calling me ?" "It's about.." A momentary pause. "An order", was what Mai used to finish off. I narrowed my gaze and Izumi turned towards the window. "Is this about Ao or something else ?", Izumi asked. "Somewhat", Mai replied. I could hear voices in the background. They probably belonged to Mai's classmates, considering how Izumi mentioned that they were both in school. "So does Nanao want us to go home or something ?", she asked. "Something like that." I watched Izumi stand up and walk over to the window. "Give me time, I'll be there in a bit. I'll leave after lunch ends", she was saying as she stared out the window. "Got it", Mai replied. When the call ended, Izumi turned to me with a slight smile. "I guess that gives you a small introduction of what to expect." I nodded my head and got up. "I worry about you sometimes", I mumbled, eyeing the phone in her hand. "I don't want to drag you into any trouble." Izumi laughed. "Then again", she added, "It's not like we can completely avoid it, now can we ?" I grinned and headed over to the door. I unlocked it and before I left, I turned to Izumi. "Thank you", I said. She nodded her head. "Don't worry about it", she called out. "If anything else comes up, I'll tell you. After all, I don't believe in forcing a person to become something they don't want to be. I laughed and raised my hand. Eventually, the door closed behind me and I was alone again.

'Ao hm ?, I thought while walking through the halls. 'It's been a while since I've seen his face around here. I wonder if he's changed. Then again.. we're not exactly the same person that we were years ago.' I stopped walking and stood in the hallway where other students were passing by. I moved over to the windows and looked out, trying to spot Ciel or Shuichi. Maybe even Wakahisa. Although I didn't mind that he was coming back, I was aware that it was going to be problematic. I sighed.

I was suddenly reminded about something from my childhood. How bothersome.