Reoccurring Factors

"Please... anyone.. help us..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait I don't get it... are you saying that the disappearances are happening in Meiou ? Like on campus and whatnot ??" Shuichi nodded his head and stared at the ceiling. "Exactly", he muttered dryly. "Ciel and I have been looking into it for a while now, but there haven't been any leads.. The closest we got was when we ran into that guy." "That guy ?", I asked, slightly tilting my head to the side. "What guy ?" "The one named Ao", he replied. "You ran into Ao at the school !?" Shuichi slowly turned his head towards me and frowned. "Am I a babysitter ?", he suddenly asked me. "Babysitter ?", I asked, "..Where did that come from ?" "Yes or no." I stared at him, completely confused. "..No ?" He smirked at me and looked away. "Hey !", I exclaimed, "What was that look just now !?" He didn't answer and continued to avert his gaze. "Shuuuiiicccchiiiii..!", I whined as I tugged on his arm. "Are you teasing me ?? What was-" I was interrupted by a sigh. "Good grief", he mumbled in dismay. "Why're you so dense..?" "Dense ?", I said slowly, "What do you mean ? I think the only dense one here is you !" He looked my way and grinned. "Oh ?", he asked, "What ever could you mean ?" I scowled at him.

"Anyhow, as I was saying..." I watched as he took my hand and began to examine it. "You have a hand fettish now ?", I asked out loud. Shuichi paused and I began to realize that I made a mistake. I was supposed to say that in my head, so then why did I say it out loud..? I grinned at him, hoping that he would overlook what I said. But he didn't. Instead, I was greeted by a mischievous smile. "Do you want bruises on your hands too ?", he asked in meaningless, kind tone. I quickly pulled my hand back and covered myself with the blanket. He chuckled and stood up, straightening out his clothes in the process. "Since you're so lively", he called out, "Why don't you use that energy to find out what's been happening at Meiou ?" "Is it even necessary to ask ?", I asked as I slowly stood up and began to fold the blanket. "Wakahisa is missing. Of course I'd help." He sighed and looked over his shoulder. He forced a smile and said, "I figured." Seeing him smile like that made me frown. I walked up to him a punched his shoulder. "Don't be so gloomy", I mumbled sternly. "It doesn't suit you."

"Right", he chuckled lightly. "Of course it doesn't." I sighed in dismay. "Good grief", I said as I shook my head. "How is it that we're still together ?" "Why ? It's because you need me, and me alone. No one else will do.." I looked up at him and grinned. "Surely", I replied. A look of relief appeared on his face as he reached over and ruffled my hair.

"Anyhow..", he mumbled as sighed. "It's getting a little late now. Why don't we start heading out and meet the others ? I'm sure that they'll be glad to see you."

"Of course ! But before that..." "What ?"

"Carry me ? I'm sleepy."

( =  =)||| "..." [<----- Shuichi.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[While Walking] [7:45 P.M.]

"Good grief, why're you so heavy ?" "Are you calling me fat ?"

Shuichi sighed in dismay as I slightly hugged him tighter. I smiled, completely content with what was going on. "You're so lucky that I'm feeling generous today", he mumbled dryly, "If I wanted to, I could drop you right now." "But if you do", I replied back optimistically, "I can strangle you like this~. Besides, I'm cold. Hugging you like this is warm. I should've stolen one of your jackets when I had the chance." "You should've said so earlier." "Oh well. I'll do it the next time I come over. It was nice seeing Minamino-san today. I'm glad I got to meet her before we left. It's been so long since we've seen each other..." "Speaking about Mom, she actually asked about you a few days ago. She asked me how our relationship was going." "Really ? But I don't remember saying anything about it..?" "I know. When I asked her about it, she just smiled at me and said it was a secret." "Wah~ Minamino-san really is something ! How interesting. What'd you tell her ?" "I told her that you were on a small trip and was currently in the process of coming home." I leaned my head against his and sighed. "You got lucky." "Yeah."

Shortly after, our small conversations died. We continued to walk in silence after that. Shuichi was too busy walking and I was too busy looking around. I was about to ask him about how Ciel was doing when something silver caught my eye. It was faint and quick, but it seemed to be darting around in the shadows. My eyes widened as I quickly turned away. I could feel myself beginning to feel lightheaded. "Shuichi ?", I asked him softly. "Nani ?", he asked in return. "Did you.. see that.. just now ?" He stopped walking which caused me to hold onto him tighter. "See what ?" I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "See what Shiori ?" I wanted to cry. "You didn't see that.. silver thing in the trees ?", I struggled to say as I slowly opened my eyes to see a concerned look on his face. "Silver thing ?", he asked. "Are you.. scared of something ? What did you see." I grimaced as my vision began to blur. "There was a face... Something was staring at us..." After that, I completely lost it. I cried.

"Stop crying", Shuichi said to me as he glanced around. "Ciel will question me if I bring you back with puffy eyes. We're almost there, don't worry. Besides, I'm still here, remember ? If you're scared, hold onto me tighter." I couldn't bring myself to reply, but I did what he said. I slightly tightened the grip I had around his neck. Shuichi sighed. I could feel him beginning to walk again. "What ever that thing was is gone now", he was saying, "..Are you done crying yet ? I'll protect you, so stop it. Crying doesn't suit you." "But Shuichi, I didn't even detect an aura.." "I did", he replied sternly. "It was faint, but I kept walking to be sure that I wasn't overlooking something." "Aren't you scared ?" "Of what ? That thing ? Why're you scared ? You're completely fine with fighting demons and whatnot, but what ever you saw just then wasn't okay ? You never cease to amaze me Klutz. Why're you so interesting ?" "It's not like I'm not doing it on purpose..." "Of course not. If it was on purpose, then it wouldn't be interesting."   

"So tell me..", I sniffled as I tried to distract myself, "..about those missing people. What have you guys found so far ?"