On The Other Side

So in the end, it was just a facade to conceal what would be coming.

Not all demons had bad hearts.

"You've already given into this fate of yours ?", Ciel asked as she slowly circled around them. Kaori didn't look up from her hands and Seiji aimlessly stared at the ceiling. "Well ?", she asked again when there was no response. I was standing by the door of the room, listening. Sara was standing nearby me, but the expression on her face made it seem like she was elsewhere. At the moment, the only people who were in this place was Ciel, Seiji, Kaori, Sara, Izumi, and I. The rest were with Azalin. Since there were eight of us, not including Seiji or Kaori, we decided to split into groups of two. One group would be left to the questioning and the other group would be left to find any other leads. Even if we didn't get that much information, we planned to return to the Human World, whether we liked it or not. It wasn't a choice. That also included Seiji and Kaori.

The only leads that we had was that (1) someone was coming after me, and (2) that someone wanted me dead. I didn't really understand it myself but I wanted to know what the original plan was. Ever since the incident, those two have been really quiet. Kaori especially. Every once and a while, I'll catch her staring my way, but whenever I try to get close, Seiji gets in the way. I raised my arm and stared at the fresh bandages. Maybe it's because there's something she knows that Seiji wants to hide. I sighed and put my arm down to my side. If she's smart, she'll come to tell me eventually..

There was a loud 'thud' that instantly pulled me away from my thoughts. When I peered into the room, I noticed that Ciel and Seiji were both standing up against each other. Although Ciel wasn't glaring at him like Seiji was at her, her stare was just as equally intimidating. Kaori was looking up at them with an uneasy expression on her face. From what I saw, it looked as if she wanted to stop them. It's just that she was hesitating. Why was that ?

"Just how long do you plan to act like this !?", Ciel had said hostilely, "Honestly ! If you're ready to die then just tell me so that we can get it over with !!" Seiji smirked. "Then do it", he taunted, "Get rid of me already." I took a step into the room, causing them to turn my way. "What good will that do ?", I asked as I stared at him. No reply. I slowly made my way over to Kaori who seemed to be watching me very carefully. "Wh..what ?", she asked me when I stood in front of her. "You seem to be hesitating", I said sternly, "Why is that ?" Her eyes narrowed as she scowled at me. "What're you talking about ?", she snapped. "You know something, don't you ?" At my accusation, I could see that she was trying to keep her composure. "I don't know what you're talking about", she replied as she turned away.

"Could it be because of Xeila ?", I asked softly. Kaori stiffened at the mention of that name. I slight looked over my shoulder to see that Seiji had done the same. Ciel was staring at him with a faint look of concern. Kaori kept herself turned away from me. "How do you know that name ?", she asked softly. I smiled and took a step back. I glanced over at Ciel, who was already looking my way. The both of us nodded our heads as we slowly began to leave the room. Seiji's gaze followed us, but it wasn't until later that Kaori's did too. I turned around and stared at the both of them. Beside me, Ciel, who was ready to place a barrier around the room that they were in. "Think about it", I said as an invisible barrier began to form, "And when you're ready to talk, I'll tell you about what I know. Seem fair enough ?" I noticed a faint smile on Seiji's face as he huffed. "You planned this all along, didn't you", he mumbled. I smiled, slightly tilting my head to the side. "What ever could you mean ?", I asked with a feigned innocence.

It was merely on impulse. All of it.

"Shiori", I heard Ciel callout when I was making my way out of the room. "Hmm ?", I asked as I looked over my shoulder. She stared at me sternly. "Don't push yourself", she said. I turned away and reached for the door. "Right", I replied, as I closed it behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SHUICHI MINAMINO !!!!!"

So originally, my aim was to run up to him and jump on his back. That was all that I had in mind. But no, he ruined that plan by taking me by surprise. Instead of being turned away from me like he was supposed to be, he turned around to face me so instead of jumping on his back, I ran right into his arms. I almost knocked him over too (laughs). Such a sturdy guy he was though. 

"What're you trying to do ?", he asked as he stared down at me, his arms already wrapped around my back and waist to prevent me from falling over. I blankly stared at his chest, trying to recover from the failed attempt. "Oi", he said again, sounding somewhat impairment, "Klutz." I slowly looked up at him and frowned. "Jeez", I mumbled, feeling slightly discouraged, "Leave it to you to ruin a really good plan.." Shuichi smirked, clearly amused. "What were you supposed to do ?", he asked. I sighed and leaned against him in dismay. "I was supposed to jump you", I replied bluntly, "I'm sad that you ruined that moment." Shuichi chuckled and patted my head with his hand. "What a brat", he said. "At least you didn't move", I mumbled, thinking about the worst that could happen. The thought of falling didn't sound fun. I swear if he had, I would've tackled him down. "Oh I was going to", he reassured in such a nonchalant tone, "But I just wanted to see what you were doing. It looked like you were running from something." "How did you even know if it was me ?", I asked, slightly interested. "Trade secret", he bluntly replied. At first in my mind, I was like, "oh okay", but after processing it I tried not to laugh. 

"That makes you sound like a pervert !", I eventually said, bursting out into a fit of laughter. I could feel Shuichi's arms tighten around me. From the corner of my eye, I could see him scowling at me. "What was that ?", he asked as he loomed over me with mischievous looking eyes. I kept laughing. The best he could do was stare at me and watch. 

"You're weird, you know that ?", he asked me after a while. I nodded my head and took a deep breath to relax myself. "I blame you", I replied with a smile. He shook his head in dismay. I could feel his arms loosen around my waist as we both pulled away from each other. "Anyhow", he sighed, placing a hand on the side of his head, "What're you doing here ? Aren't you supposed to be with Ciel ?" "Ouch", I replied, feigning a hurt expression, "And here I thought that you'd be happy to see your "wife's" adorable face..." Shuichi chuckled and ruffled my hair. 

"Yes, yes", he replied. "I'm very happy."