Nostalgia's Presence

As everyones gaze landed on him, I nonchalantly walked over to where the ring had gone and picked it up. I watched as a faded blue light flickered within the stone. I closed my hand around it and turned to face the restless crowd of hunters. A mixture of surprise and confusion lingered on their faces as he glared at those by the alter. The red dahlias, which had been used as a decoration, were now scattered across the ground. They were almost like rose petals, but not as beautiful. Roses and Dahlias weren't the same. It was like this wedding.

Oka thought she could hide it from me. But this wedding.. it was supposed to be hers. Not that long ago, if I recall. Yet.. it was taken away from her by those she trusted the most.

[Ciel P.O.V.]

Nobody moved. It was weird. Mitsuru was standing by the entrance yet.. there was also another Mitsuru by the alter with Suzue. Is this what Oka meant when she said there was a change of plan? I glanced at Oka to see a frown on her face. The Mitsuru standing by the entrance glared. His hair was completely ruffled and his suit was covered in what looked like mud. It also looked like he had a few minor bruises and cuts on him.

"Stop this wedding!!", he exclaimed, "Stop it immediately! The people you see before you are nothing more fakes! Open your eyes! What kind of wedding would be approved without the presence of Grandfather!??" Something around us changed. 

Now that Mitsuru mentioned it, it was a little strange. The wedding had been questioned yet.. why was it that no one bothered to ask Grandfather about it himself? Weddings were considered a sacred thing. Without the head's permission, as well as his presence during the ceremony, then it wasn't official.

"Ciel!", Oka exclaimed as she pulled me away from my thoughts. "Look!" Something began to appear in the air around us. At first, it was a white, thin wisp. And then it suddenly grew. Everyone around us began to stir. Oka grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the back of the house. "Cover your nose!", she advised with a serious expression on her face, "Don't breathe it in! It's a trap!" "Oka what's going on!?", I shouted, "Where did this fog come from??"

"It's from the third party." Oka and I turned to see Kana suddenly standing next to me. An amused expression lingered on her face as we watched the fog thicken in the courtyard. "They're sending their blessings." "Kana", Oka mumbled, "What happen to the others? Are they safe?" "If you're talking about all those other people", she replied, "They're all asleep. Of course, with the exception of Mitsuru. This fog isn't made by humans. It's made by demons. Did you notice it before? An unwelcome aura?" "Eion?", I asked. Kana shook her head. "Yuuto", she answered. "This entire thing was a set up made by Yuuto. By manipulating someone's true desires, he gave them the ability to live a dream. The only problem is that they don't realize they're being used. Why do you think demons prey on humans? Because it's easy to let their selfishness get the better of them." I glanced at Oka. "Suzune..", I heard her voice trail off.

"If that's the case, then how did this happen in the first place?", I asked. "Suzune couldn't have just ran into Yuuto and made some sort of deal." "Of course not", Kana huffed, "That girl was merely introduced. She walked into it." "Who could've done it then?" Kana reached into the pocket of her cloak and threw something down on the ground. There was a flash of green before everything around us changed. For some reason, everything around us looked murky and dark. Kana pointed towards the courtyard. I heard Oka gasp. As she had said, everyone was on the ground. But there was something else. Shadows. "Let's go", Kana muttered as she led us towards the area. "I'd show you what this person is capable of but it looks like we don't have that much time to waste. If possible, I'd like to clear this up as soon as possible." 

~~~~~

[Kana P.O.V.]

Considering how the plan failed, I assumed that by now they were trying to escape. Hopefully, Mitsuru didn't let them run too far. Yuuto miscalculated my interference. That fool, thinking that he could do something without my notice. The fact that Sotaru, along with Grandfather were out of town meant that things were less secure. No wonder why nobody noticed a difference about the fake Mitsuru. Yuuto must have spent a lot of time preparing.

I sighed. And if that was the case, then hunters were useless to begin with.

"I don't mean to bother but what's with this bubble?", Ciel asked as we exited the gates of the Main House. "You saw those shadows, didn't you?", I mumbled, "They're the ones making that fog. If they detect you, they'll surround you and make things even more problematic than they should be." "How do we get rid of them?", Oka asked. "We can't just leave them like this." "I'll take care of it later", I replied, "But for now, we have to catch the fake. I need to know what kind of motive Yuuto had behind this. Attacking and involving a hunter branch takes a lot of guts."

"Should we split up?" A thought came to mind. Yet I didn't say anything. I paused as a slight sense of cruelness slowly began to come over me. I slightly tilted my head to the side and smiled. "Would you like to?"

[Oka P.O.V.]

Kana was up to something. When we all split up, she just stood there and watched. That smile of hers remained on her face until she was completely out of sight. Why was that?

The thought of it remained in my head until I caught sight of someone moving. I planned to follow but I realized who it was and stopped to observe. For some reason, Eion was there. A displeased expression lingered on his face as he passed through. I followed him and wondered why he was there. I thought that the one known as "Yuuto" was in charge.

~~~~~

Eventually, Eion led me to where Mitsuru was. To my surprise, he was with Senri, who looked just as tattered and exhausted. "Damn, what is this!?", I heard Senri yell. "Mitsuru be careful!" Mitsuru jumped back as a sea of dust rose around them. My eyes landed on Eion, who glanced at them and then disappeared. It was strange. That was when I noticed a familiar figure standing on the opposite side of them. That person looked helpless yet at the same time, was just as ready as Mitsuru and Senri. They were going to attack each other. Without thinking, I just ran ahead. It was confusing. I didn't know why. But maybe.. I should've thought about it before I.. 

The last thing I saw was her face. Her expression. And then there was shouting.

[Kana P.O.V.]

From a distance, I watched as the dust began to subside. Behind me was Eion. "Were you looking for me?", I asked without even bothering to turn around. "Or were you looking for Yuuto?" There was a long pause before he spoke. "You haven't changed", he dryly mumbled. "Even though you knew about what was going to happen.. you didn't say anything to them." I looked over my shoulder and smirked. "Who? Me?", I slightly chuckled. "What ever do you mean Eion? Aren't you aware?" He appeared to stiffen up as I turned to face him.

"Death is such an inevitable thing.. don't you agree?"