The Missing Shoe

One step and two and one and.... kick !

.................

I stared off as my shoe slipped off my foot and almost hit Ciel. Almost. But she caught it, so it was okay. She stared at me with disbelief from the bench that she was siting at. "And just what are you doing ?", she asked. I hesitantly walked over to her and took my shoe from her hand. At the moment, we were all outside in the backyard, just laying around. It was a Saturday today, so it was a perfect timing. Mizuki was on the swings, watching us. "I thought you were good with things like this Yon ?", I heard Mizuki say. Ciel sighed. "When shes not fooling around, then yeah", she said, somewhat smirking. "Hey Ciel !!!!" She stuck out her tongue at me. "Well its true and you know it." Mizuki sighed as Ciel and I continued to bicker about each other like little kids. It's not like it was a bad thing.

"Ah, that reminds me", Mizuki said a couple minutes later. "Genkai-san wanted me to give this to you." I tilted my head as we watched him walk into the house, only to bring out these plants. Herbs. My eyes lit up. "When did she come here to give it ?", I asked, taking them from Mizuki's hands. Ciel shrugged and Mizuki thought about it. "Earlier this morning", he said, "When you and Ciel were out buying some things." "I see", Ciel mumbled. And then she turned to me. "You recall on how to make those things ?" I nodded and headed inside to put them on the kitchen table. "Its been a while, but I'll manage." Mizuki stared at us blankly. "To make what ?", he asked. I pulled the chain of my pendant. "These", I replied, a smile on my face. Mizuki slightly moved back. "You make those things !?" I nodded. Ciel laughed. "I bet you, when you tried it for the first time Mizuki, it tasted really bitter." "How did you know ?", he asked her. She shrugged. "Might as well say thing now", she said, slightly staring at me. "You see those things in that pendant", she said, pointing it out. "When you're injured, then it'll taste bitter. But when you're complelety fine, then it'll taste sweet." Mizuki just stared at us like idiots. "What are you talking about ?", he said sarcastically. I opened the pendant and took three out. "Want to see ?", I asked, as I handed each one of them a piece. Mizuki eyed at the candy. "You sure about this ?", he said. I nodded. "At the count of three", I said, "One.....Two....Three !"

Ciel began laughing as we watched the look on Mizuki's face change. "Sweet isnt it ?", she said between her laughs. He slightly nodded his head. He was confused. "Thats.... weird", he mumbled. I watched him look up at me. "You really make these Yon ?", he asked again. And again I nodded. "But it's a secret", I replied. Ciel stopped laughing and huffed. "I suggest just letting Shiori do it", she said to Mizuki, "We'd only be killing ourselves if we did it." "Hah ?" Ciel shrugged it off. " Oh never mind." I laughed. "Just make sure you don't try eating the plant by itself", I told Mizuki, "Otherwise, you'd be poisoning yourself from it." He looked taken back. "What's that supposed to mean !?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, the three of us went out on a stroll. Whether Ciel was going somewhere or not, we followed her. "I know this is a weird question, but... why're you going to the other side of town ?" "Ahhhh, I wonder", I replied, looking ahead at Ciel who was right in front of us. "I needa look for Ura", she said, "Or maybe even Keiko." When she mentioned Keiko, my eyes lit up. She already knew her ? Since when ?

"Ah, that reminds me." Ciel stopped walking and so we walked right into her. "Oi", she mumbled hostilely, "What do you think you're doing ?" Mizuki put his hands up and walked backwards into me. Of course, I caught him. "You suddenly stopped walking ?", I reminded her. "Oh yeah, that's right", she mumbled, reaching over and putting her arms behind her head, "Shuichi said that he wanted to talk to you about something." I stared at her suspiciously. "Shuichi ? Looking for me ?" I raised an eyebrow. "About what ?", I asked. Ciel shrugged. "You want me to go now ?", I asked her. She looked at me blankly. "Well duh." "But how am I supposed to find him ?", I asked. "Luck", she replied. I watched her take Mizuki's hand. "We'll see you later then", she said, suddenly dragging him off. I watched them disappear as they took a turn. I stood there and slowly processed what just happened. Okay, first I was told something, then was suddenly not given a choice to even agree or disagree. Greeaaaat. I turned around and sighed. Man, wherever Shuichi was, I hope that I just run straight into him. The last time I had saw him was on Thursday.. and it was currently a Saturday. Uuuuugh, whenever I saw Shuichi my peace would easily be disrupted. Boooooo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[after about 35 minutes later]

I stood by the fountain that was in the middle of Kaede Park. Okay, so first off. I didn't even know what his phone number was. Second, I didn't know where he lived. Third, I didn't really care. I sighed. Though I wonder, why is that octopus looking for me ? The thought stuck to me until I ran into another accident. I happen to bump into these guys in green uniforms.

I fell forward and nearly face planted into the ground. Ouuch, that would have hurt. When I sat up to see who I had run into, I realized that I was being glared at. Geh. "Hey, watch where you're going", the first one said. Very tall person... maybe even taller than Shuichi ? Anyways, he had one of those gangster looking haircuts. His hair was also a slight orange color. Red orange maybe ? The other one with him however just had plain black hair and was kinda shorter. Maybe shorter than Shuichi ? Or maybe also taller ? "Ah, sorry about that", I replied as I dusted myself off. "I didn't mean to do.." For some reason, that other guy with the black hair was looking straight at me, as if he knew who I was. I didn't think much of it. But maybe I should have. Just when I about to leave and continue on my way, I was stopped.

"Hold on a minute", that guy with the black hair had said as he slowly moved closer. A hand was placed on his head. "If I remember correctly, you're that one girl who jumped over Taichi a few days ago !" I stared at him and tilted my head. I didn't know what he was talking about until I.. "Eh ?"