Laughter from the Strike of 1

Obviously, I thought ahead. You think I'd be stupid enough to let things slide after that happened. As expected, I was confronted by his stalker.  

"You don't deserve Minamino-sama !", She shouted. I lazily rubbed my eye and stared at her as she drew a crowd. Ciel yawned behind me. "Break up with him !" I stared at her and grinned. "Sorry", I mumbled, also yawning now, "But who are you again ?" I didn't have the energy to play with her today. The people around us broke out laughing. We were near the gym and the library. I moved my hair to the side and watched as her face turn a slight pink. She gritted.

"My name's Kimiko !", She shouted, "Wakahisa Kimiko !" I stared at her, like we all did. "Oh", I mumbled. "Well Wakahisa-san, nice to meet you." She gave me a frustrated look. "Don't be all friendly with me !", She hissed, "So are you gonna tell me, or do I have to repeat myself ? Break up with Minamino-sama." For a moment, there was nothing but silence. Until I broke it with my laugh. I laughed as my hair covered my face. "Me ?", I asked. Moving my hair away from my face, I looked up at her sternly. "Who ever said that we were together ?" One of her goons decided to back her up. Not that it was needed or anything. "We saw you yesterday !", She squealed, "You and Minamino-san were both together !" I turned around and looked at Ciel who was behind me. She was smirking. "So was I", she snapped. I could tell she was getting annoyed. It was too early for this. "It doesn't matter", goon no.2 retorted. "We saw them both together yesterday. They were even doing 'that'." All gazes fell upon me. I shrugged. I really didn't have the energy to play today. "So what ?", I asked them, tilting my head to the side. I smirked. "Was it your first time seeing a stolen kiss ?"

The crowd drew silent as their faces turned pink. Ciel walked over to my side and sneered, her hands in her pockets. "But you know", she started to mutter, "Ignoring that fact, why was it that you happen to be there to see such a thing ? Unless.... you guys were stalking us ?" Everyone's gaze turned to the three as murmurs began to rise. One of the murmurs I heard was: "So wait, Wakahisa-san and her friends followed Hanamura-san, Minamino-san, and Ueda-san yesterday ? Waaaaah, that's creepy." While they were trying to explain themselves, someone from the crowd laughed. We turned to see the president, the vice, and the secretary of Shuichi's fan club. At first everyone wondered why they were there, until they went up to Wakahisa. The color of Wakahisa's face changed the moment they noticed. "I... Ikehara-san", her voice trailed off. We watched her smile before she turned to me.

Ikehara Izumi. President of Shuichi's fan club. If I recalled, it was rare to ever see her around.

"Hanamura-san ?", She asked. I nodded. "I apologize for their foolish behavior", she said, slightly turning around to see them. I shook my head. "It's alright", I replied. She looked towards Ciel. "Ueda-san as well. It must have been strange for them to suddenly follow you around." Ciel sighed. "As long as they learn", she replied. Ikehara smiled. In the process, we caught the attention of one of the News Paper Clubs member. I was asked again.

"So then what is this situation ? Are you really going out with Minamino-San ?"

Everyone waited patiently for an answer. I was going to tell them about everything, when suddenly HE appeared. He looked at us with surprise. "Nee", he said, "Why is everyone gathered around here ?" I averted my gaze, just as Ciel had. Ooooh boy. The question was asked to him. "Minamino-san, is it true that you and Hanamura-san are together ?" I watched as his gaze landed on me. I had a really bad feeling. He walked forward, and before I knew it, he was standing right in front of me. And for a brief moment, his look was blank. (Mine would have been too, if only I wasn't reminding myself to breathe.) Behind him, those who eagerly waited for an answer. Shuichi slightly looked over his shoulder and feigned a smile towards the ones behind him.

"If that's what you believe", he said. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand, and started pulling me away. In the process, I grabbed Ciel's hand as well. We heard them complaining and wondering about what he meant. "Oi", I mumbled, "Do you know what you just did ?" I noticed him smirk. "Course I do", he replied. For some reason, there was a mischievous look in his eyes. Was it just me ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It turns out that he just went around and dragged us to first period. We were all still planning out for the Spring Festival. Ciel and I were asked about how we were doing on the uniforms and whatnot. We told them that we already finished making them. The only thing we needed to do was bring them. After, we were asked to help on the decoractions. It was where Shuichi was hanging along. Our theme was a reverse Maid and Butler Cafe. Male students would wear a maid uniform and female students would be wearing a butler uniform. We also had to act in somewhat of a character. While decorating, I remembered about when this plan was barely starting. I always joked about Shuichi, saying how I'd love to see him in one of those maid uniform. But as usual, it seems that I'm the only one who can see his cruel smile. I guess you can say I've stopped thinking about that now, but so far, the main focus was the success of this cafe. As long as everyone's happy, then it's alright.

At one point, I was told they were going to have a 'Cutest Couple Contest'. And why tell me ?, I asked. My classmates giggled and point off towards Shuichi. He was by the door with some of the other male students, painting the logo of our cafe. [Springtime Sweets], it was. "You both can enter !", they said happily. I only stared at them and nodded my head slowly. 'Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight', I told myself. As if Shuichi would agree. Besides, I don't see a point in 'loving' someone. Call me a child, however it's something I never bothered to think of when I was growing up. It was never on my list. I sat on my desk and sighed. Suddenly, questions began to appear in my head.

I felt a cold hand on my shoulder as I looked up to see Ciel. She sighed and took a seat in the desk beside me. "What's up", she asked, putting her face on the cold surface of the desk, "You look a little distracted." I shook my head and grinned. "Just thinking", I replied. "About ?", she asked. "My life." I felt her elbow my side as I turned to look at her. She already turned her head the other way to avert any eye contact. "Don't think about that kind of stuff now", she mumbled. "No one wants to go back. Just keep moving forward." I softly punched her shoulder as she turned to head to look at me. "What ?", she said in an irritated voice. I grinned. "You worry too much", I said.