Reversal

When I was still in the Council, it had been a move that I had established as a line of defense. If anything else failed, then it would become my final resolution. "Effect Zero", I recall calling it as I would practice around with the lower class demons. Of course, those demons all died so easy. I only used the move once when I was still in the council. I never showed it to them until that day. I remember being asked about it, but the excuse I used was that it was a feint.

In the end, they never realized what it was. Only I could do it. Not even Luurè could touch me.

In that memory of fighting against Eion, I remember him crashing into the wall of the stadium. I, on the other hand, watched with a slight smile as the crumbling walls fell around him. I was surprised to see how quickly it had taken to send him flying. To my luck, he didn't seem to notice what happened either. By the time he got up, he looking at me with a scowl. "What did you do ?", I remember him calling out. "I didn't even see you move your hand !!" I shrugged. "Maybe you were just too slow", I replied, putting my hands behind me. "You left yourself open." "I did not !" "How would you know ? I wasn't the one that flew."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xeila must've realized what I did. But she couldn't explain it. After all, this was the second time that she'd ever be around to see it happen. Only this time, it was used on her and not Eion. If Eion was watching, then maybe he'd realize it as well. I trusted their memory despite it being more than a few thousand years. Oh well.

"What did you do !?", she shouted as she clung onto her arm, "Why couldn't I move ??" "It's such a scary feeling isn't it ?", I optimistically asked, "The feeling of being trapped in time ?" I looked across the ground for the blade that was no longer in her hand. When I spotted it nearby me, I nonchalantly walked over to it with no care of what she could do to me if I wasn't paying attention. She was too shaken up to think clearly. I would know because she was my partner for a very long time. I left her alone for more than 5,000 years, but I never forgot. I wasn't that cruel.

When I picked the blade up, I pointed it towards her and tilted my head to the side. "Such a beautiful blade", I mumbled, admiring the delicate intricate designs. "I wonder.. does this blade have any importance to it ? You don't see things like this everyday." Xeila seemed to flinch, as if I had found out a secret. "What of it ?", she huffed. "It's none of your concern." I slowly brought the blade down to my side and looked over my shoulder to the figure that was slowly making his way over to us. "That blade belonged to Luurè's right hand", he said as began to approach me. "A human like you has no right to touch something that belong to such a strong demon." I looked at the ground below me and smirked.

Eion was covered in minor wounds, yet was still covered in a large amount of blood. Oka's presence was gone, but I knew she that she was lingering around. I wonder how she did. For the Guardian of Reikai, she was holding back quite a lot. She was much stronger than this.

I shrugged and gently placed the blade down in front of me. "You say that yet not even you have the right to touch something that belonged to someone who died a long time ago." I could feel the spark of tension suddenly grow around me. I chuckled and turned myself so that they were both in my view. "Does it hurt to speak of the past ?", I asked. "To forget about the pain that you really could not ignore ?" "What would you know !?", Eion snapped. I laughed at the anger that was being reflected in his eyes. "You're just a human !"

Those words meant nothing.

I took a step forward and looked up at the sky. "Although our endurances of "pain" are much different", I was saying as a breeze blew by me, "That's not enough to excuse those words. There are a lot that have suffered much worse than you have. What they are does not matter. The past will not define you unless continue to hold onto the burdens that should have been let go of a long time ago. If not, then you'll remain in the same spot." Afterwords I laughed and looked at the both of them. This was so serious yet amusing to me. "For instance..", I called out. "If Kana, the right hand of the council, were here now, what do you think she would say to the both of you ?" There was no response. There was only more tension.

"What would you know about Kana that we didn't ?", Eion said after a long pause. To my surprise, he regained his composure. "You never knew what kind of person she was. You weren't with her before she chose to die. What would you know about a person that you've only heard about in stories !?" I stared at him, curious to see what he would do next. It sounded like he was about to snap, but at the same time, it seemed like the topic alone was breaking him. 

Interesting..

Eion to me was what, I wonder ? Now that I thought about it, he was more of a younger brother than a rival. Although he was the left hand of the council, he was much weaker than I was. Careless as a child yet observant as a demon who stained their hands.

"And you ?", I asked, not  wanting to continue on such pointless matters, "Do you stand at the same place as he does ?" Xeila remained unresponsive to the question. I sighed in dismay and turned away from them. What was I to the council after I died ? Behind the name "traitor"..

"Tell me where Luurè has placed the Glass Box that I look for", I mumbled, feeling a sudden weight of disappointment. "I have no intention of fighting you any further. I've lost interest. Just get straight to the point and tell me where they are." I heard shuffling behind me. Once again, I sighed and looked up at the sky. "I told you before didn't I ?", I asked. "You'll fall before I do." And as we had predicted, they ran right into what killed them. Or so I would say.

"Phew", I heard Oka say from nearby, "I was beginning to worry." When I turned around, Eion and Xeila were both standing in the center of barrier that Oka had placed around when she had disappeared. She walked over to me and gave me a sympathetic smile. "What do you think ?", she optimistically asked. "It won't kill them, but it'll be strong enough to hold them until things are finished around here." "Since when do your barriers kill ?", I asked. She chuckled and turned to the two standing in the barrier. "Sorry about that", she said with a slight bow, "But we need you to stay still." Eion huffed and turned away. "So this is what you were doing", Xeila muttered, walking over to the wall of the barrier, "You were wasting time for this." "Naturally." Xeila sighed and looked up at the sky with a desolate gaze.

"HQ, Floor 24", she said. "That's where you'll find them."