Upcoming War for Love ?

The first person I went to was Izumi. It was always Izumi when I had questions like this. Though, it wasn't like I had a choice.

"Izumi !"

I was stopped when I notice two unfamiliar faces standing by her desk. They all looked up at my sudden entrance which slightly made me regret rushing in. Somewhat, that is. I brought my fist up to my mouth and did a muffled coughed. "Oops", I mumbled apologetically. "Sorry for interrupting." The two who stood by her desk smiled at me awkwardly. In the meantime, I could see that Izumi was trying not to laugh. She cleared her throat and got into her "Shuichi Fan-club president" character. "Hanamura-san", she said professionally, "Is there anything that I can help you with ? Seeing how you rushed in like that, there must be something important you want to tell me." I feigned my embarrassment. "Ah, no, that's not it", I replied shyly, "It seems that I've accidentally walked into the wrong room.." "Walked ?", I heard one of the girls say with a mocking tone, "More like ran an like an idiot.." Again, Izumi cleared her throat. Her gaze was locked on the girl before she looked back to me. That girl averted her gaze. "I see", she said nonchalantly. I nodded my head slowly and inched towards the door. Before I closed the door behind me, I looked back and slightly bowed. 

While walking through the hallway, I tried to identify the two that were with her. The one who was mocking me had light brown colored hair and the girl beside her had short, shoulder length black hair. Were they new students..? I ended up walking into someone after I asked myself that question. Looking up, I noticed Shuichi looming over me with a confused look on his face. He sighed out in dismay. "Why do I always run into you like this", he said with hint of disappointment, "Can't we just meet each other normally ?" I grinned and jokingly hit his shoulder. "But that wouldn't be "us" if we didn't run into each other like that now wouldn't it ?", I asked, somewhat laughing. He grinned and shook his head. "Although I'd normally disagree with you, I guess this time I'll agree." I tilted my head to the side and motioned Shuichi to move closer to me. I could tell that he was reluctant but he did it anyways. "Nande ?", he asked me, "What is it ?" I looked past his shoulder and watched some other students walking our way. "Is.. anyone behind me ?" There was a momentarily pause before he replied. By then, some of the other students who walked by us already said "hello". Shuichi straightened up and shook his head while watching the students walk away from us. I turned around and saw the same thing. "Why do you say ?", he asked. I turned to him and brought a finger up to my lip. "I don't know why, but let's just say that I have a feeling that someone is out to get me." Shuichi grinned. "So now you're being cautious ?" "Well I mean, someone is trying to kill me."

So I know that it was definitely uncalled for, but I attempted to hug Shuichi. And I say "attempted" because there was something I wanted to make sure of. Anyhow, since my knight and slimy octopus was too tall for me to wrap my arms around his neck, I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest. Yes, his chest. He had the faint scent of roses on him. "Awww", I said with an adoring tone as I looked up at him with a smile, "How sweet !" I'm sorry, but let me tell you this now. This acting of mine was not easy, believe me. My goal was to seem serious. My goal was to not laugh and cringe at my own actions. I wasn't surprised when he instantly caught onto my little act. "Of course", he said with a feigned smile, "Anything for you." And so, we continued to act out like that while a few of our classmates walked by us. Since we were the "initial couple" of Meiou, everyone knew about this "relationship" of ours. "Quote-on-Quote". Embarrassing, yes. Forgettable, no. Don't worry, I tried not to act "too" intimate. In the end, I was about 100% sure that we looked like a "couple" that was casually talking to each other.

Our "moment" ended up lasting for about 5 long minutes before a voice cut between us. The both of us looked up from each other to see two girls suddenly standing there. The two that I had seen with Izumi. The one with light brown hair was glaring at me. She was smiling, but I wondered if she knew that I could read facial expressions. I became an expert face reader ever since I started "dating" Shuichi. I guess that was a good thing. The other one, the one with short black hair, smiled at me genuinely. At least one of them was nice. Since I don't know their names, they will officially be called "Rude" and "Genuine". You can tell who is who.

"Excuse me ?", Genuine asked softly, "Are you Shuichi Minamino-san ?" He and I exchanged glances before he nodded his head. "Yes, that would be me", he replied. For some reason, they inched closer to him. TOO close. I reached for his arm and slightly pulled him back. Rude glared at me. Still. Not that it mattered to me. I didn't even know her. Genuine gave me a confused look. "Sorry ?", she asked, looking down at my hands that were on his arm. I titled my head and smiled. "Sorry about that", I replied slowly, "But you were getting.. a bit too close." "Is that a problem ?", Rude asked sharply. "Why yes", I replied without a second thought, "It is." I tried not to frown. "How childish", Rude said with a sigh. She had the nerve to shake her head. "Who do you think you are ? It's not like you're together or anything so why are you being so clingy ? We just want to get to know him." I was going to reply to her, but didn't. And why, you may ask ? It was because someone in the hallways suddenly broke out into a laugh. In fact, the laugh sounded like it belonged to Ciel. I instantly looked behind me to see her and Wakahisa heading our way. Wakahisa was trying to get her to stop but Ciel only seemed to laugh harder. By the time they got to us, she was wiping away the tears that were in her eyes. "'Who do you think you are', she says", she repeated with amusement, "'It's not like you're together', she says." We watched her take a deep breath before she relaxed. Ciel turned to Shuichi and I. "Don't tell me that we have another Wakahisa ?", she asked us. Shuichi shrugged but I just stared. Wakahisa looked like she wasn't sure if she was supposed to be offended. "What !?", she dramatically snapped. Ciel turned to her and patted her head as if she were a child. "Don't worry", she told her, "You're original." Wakahisa pouted.

"I'm sorry, but you are ?", Genuine asked her. She seemed to be a bit more cautious. Ciel must've noticed because I recognized a sharp gleam dance around in her eyes. "I don't see a need to introduce myself", was what Ciel said to her. Genuine continued to smile. "How rude", Rude said. Ciel looked her way. "Indeed", she said with a grin, "But you're quite rude yourself. You really should get your facts straight before you say something." "Excuse me ?", Rude said as she narrowed her gaze towards Ciel. Ciel turned to Shuichi and I who just happened to be watching. Not one of us wanted to be involved, I can tell. "Why don't I spell this out for you then", Ciel said with a sigh.

"You see this girl here, and this boy there ? Yeah, well you see, they're together."