Cage Surrounded in Thorns

"Are you really planning to go through with all of this this Shiori ?", she asked me, her voice full of concern. "Are you really going to go back to that place ?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeez, you have some nerve Shiori", Sara lightly laughed as we walked through the 3rd floor hallway to the Library, "Suddenly saying that.. are you sick ?" I slightly smiled. "That might be the case", I chuckled, looking ahead in the dark hallway, "But then again, it might not just be it." "You seem uneasy", she mumbled. "I am", I replied. "I feel like after saying that, I lost your trust." Sara hit me on the shoulder and scowled. "Idiot", she sighed, "What makes you think that ? Besides, we were just surprised. Just because you said you wanted to do something alone doesn't mean that we'll automatically lose our trust in you. After all, you proved that you were worth trusting when you save us." I grinned at the thought. "I hope so", I mumbled. Again, she hit me. "Besides.. it was reasonable to act like that", she said softly. "Sometime after you left, Ciel gave us a little background information. Hopefully you won't get mad, but she told us that seeing a duplicate of your Mother was something that seemed to hit you really hard. Something you didn't seem to get over." I chuckled before sighing. "Correct", I mumbled. "It might seem a bit childish, but at the time, there was a lot of people who were involved. It happened a long time ago.. but something like this is.. important. You see.."

"There's a reason to why I don't bring anything up about my past. And if I do, it'll only have a negative effect on me and those around me. I don't want others involved in it. In this case, you guys. I care too much to have you all dragged along. Someday though, maybe I'll be able to tell you guys about it. Just not now.. especially now. I'll explain myself soon."

Sara wearily smiled at me. "Let's hope that thats the case", she said as she grabbed my arm. "Now, enough of that brooding ! It doesn't suit you. Besides, we're a patient group. We won't force you to explain yourself. At least, not now, from what I'm aware of. We kind of noticed it that night, that even Izumi and Ciel seemed to be uneasy about something. Do they know ?" I wistfully smiled. "Yeah", I replied softly. "Those two have been with me for a long time. They know what I'm talking about." Sara looked up at the night sky, saying nothing. "I see..", she mumbled shortly. "Although, I do see it as unfair", I hesitantly muttered. Sara turned to me and grinned. "Of course you would", she chuckled with a weary smile. I frowned and looked down.

"Thank you for putting up with me."

We started walking though the halls again. She sighed in dismay before grinning.

"Your welcome", she simply replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"......."

In my head, Kana sighed in dismay and crossed her arms over her chest. So these are the remnants ?, she had asked as I glanced over the destroyed Library Room. My, what a strong presence. To be able to do something like this is quite interesting indeed.. Behind me, Sara, who was looking into the room with a surprised look on her face. Sprawled out in front of us were toppled bookcases, sideways tables and chairs... scattered books. I glanced up at the staircase that led to the second floor of the library. I assumed that it was probably in the same condition.

"Worried ?", I heard Sara ask as she walked past me. She pointed her flashlight towards the staircase and looked over her shoulder at me. "Well ?", she said, "What're you waiting for ?" I slightly grinned at her. "Let me breath first", I joked as I followed after her, "Besides, I'm not even supposed to be here right now. It's only been a few days since I fell from here." "Yet it's okay, since it seems like you can still walk", Sara huffed. I laughed a bit as we finally reached the top of the staircase. "Naturally", I replied bluntly. "Do you think something like this will keep me down ?" "Probably not. Although you should be careful about your health. Humans don't generally live long. Sometimes it's scary to be friends with you because your lives are so delicate." I laughed at her and jokingly hit her shoulder. "Would you be lost without me ?", I asked her, "If I died, would you lose hope and give up ?" Sara sighed and looked around. "Perhaps", she mumbled, and stepped into the debris of fallen bookshelves. "Or I could go back to Makai and completely forget about you. How does that sound ?" "Jeez, you're so cruel." "What do you expect, I'm a demon." "..with a secretly kind heart", I softly added. Sara hit me on the shoulder. "And just who's fault do you think it is that I'm like this ?", she asked. I smiled.

"Meeeeeeeeeeee~ !"

"Your enthusiasm scares me." "Why thank you." "How are we friends ?" "You tell me."

"Ooooooh Saaaaaarrrraaaa~ Shiiiioooorrriiii~ Are you in here ?"

The both of us peered down to suddenly see Shuichi and Botan standing in the doorway. "Over here", Sara replied as she waved her flashlight. "Oh !", Botan exclaimed with a smile, "There you guys are !" Shuichi was the first to step into the room. He nonchalantly looked around. "I assume that you fought in here but didn't bother to clean it up ?", he asked as he stared at the unorganized room. I averted my gaze and grinned. How do you expect me to clean after I fell down a window ? Give me a break will you ? "Oh, what's this ?" "What's what ?"

Shuichi knelt over and picked something up. There was a faint, white tint to it as Botan held the flashlight up to it. My eyes widened as he held it up. A hair piece, one that was delicately designed to appear as a cherry blossom. A faint pearl pink color with a white tint... Behind us, where the broken window was, a strong breeze. I reached into the pocket of my jacket and quickly threw something at Botan and Shuichi. A look of surprise and confusion quickly appeared on Botan's face, but Shuichi stood beside her, staring at the other side of the room with a blank expression. At that moment, a red light appeared around Shuichi and Botan. Botan took a step back, looking a bit reluctant. Shuichi narrowed his gaze. Beside me, Sara shifted around uncomfortably.

"What is.. that ?", she had asked. "A simple trap", I replied dully. "Get yourself caught in one of those and you'll die. As if you're suffocating." "Then won't they die !?", she exclaimed in question. "No", I mumbled. "Why do you sound so calm about this ?", she said next. "What good will panicking do at a time like this ?", I replied slowly. "Besides.. look. That light around them is beginning to fade." "..?" I sighed in dismay as we watched the red light around them beginning to disperse and disappear. "This is why I don't want to involve anyone any further", I said, my voice stern and slightly strained. "That troublesome person that I'm going to be dealing with doesn't play games. The trap just now.. it was simple yet very fatal. Although, I doubt that even you detected it, no ?" Sara hesitated and slowly shook her head. I turned around and faced the shattered glass window from before. I could see the moon.

"And that's why I'm not taking any chances. Dying isn't going to be allowed."