A Step Closer

I didn't realized how all that running would effect me the next day. Stupid. I should've known.

I tripped on the stairs, I tripped on my own leg, I tripped on my textbooks... What next ? "You positive you don't wanna go to class today ?", Ciel asked me. It was already 6:50. I shook my head. After that incident with my bag, I told Ciel and Mizuki about what happen. They both broke out laughing as I sat in the corner of the room and cried to myself. I'm just kidding. I would never do that. "Why don't you just tell sensei you're sick ?", Mizuki requested. Ciel patted his head. "That's why", she said with a grin, and then turned to me. "At least you got your things back", she said. I nodded and sighed. "I wasted so much of my time", I mumbled. "And even worse ! I lost the pair to my shoe !" "You dropped it then ?", Mizuki asked. I nodded. "I might have dropped it when I jumped over that guy." "Don't worry, we'll go out and buy you another pair later", Ciel replied, rummaging through the kitchen. I, who was sitting on the couch, fell on my back and grabbed a pillow. I sighed. Geez, why does this only happen to me ? About a couple minutes later, Ciel and Mizuki went off. "Bye Yon !", Mizuki said. He walked out the door first. "Oi, don't go too far", Ciel shouted at him. I grinned. "See you then", I said. She nodded and locked the door behind her.

"So now what ?", I asked myself minutes later. What was I supposed to be doing now that I was alone ? I thought about going outside, but then I thought about what would happen if I got caught. "Uggggggggh, I'm so bored !", I cried. I hugged the nearest pillow and stared at the window. If only I hadn't lost my shoe, then maybe.... I thought about it for at least a minute before shaking it off. My answer was still the same. And it was to stay in the house for 7 whole hours with nothing but boredom at my side. I wanted to cry. Just then a thought hit me. I quickly sat up and walked upstairs. Rummaging though my room, I found my pendant. (If you go back a couple chapters, it was the small jar like pendant or charm. Inside of it was the various assortment of shapes in which were actually candy. Mizuki didn't like it at the time because it was 'bitter' to him.)

"Ah Hah ! Here it is !", I exclaimed. I found it laying on my desk. Picking it up, I saw how the bottle was now half of its usual amount. It's true the candy is very small in size, however, because of what it's made from, its actually really important if you think about it. The plants or herbs that are used to make this type of candy is very hard to obtain. (Kinda rare plants) And also, the candy has its plus. It heals. That's why Mizuki said it was bitter when he took one for the first time. When the taste is bitter, then you'll heal from your wounds. If the taste of sweet, then it's just candy. You see, that's why I always have it around me. So far, no ones been able to notice anything about them. Its just "candy" to them. If you were really that good at taking notice of things, then maybe you'd realize what it was capable of doing. Until then, the only ones who do already know about it would be the ones living in this household....Besides Mizuki. But such thing is a struggle.

'Okay ! Okay !', I thought to myself happily, 'Its decided ! I'm going to go out and visit Genki !' As enthusiastic as I sound, it's what also distracts me. I changed out of my pajamas and changed into clothes that made me look like I wasn't a high school student. I think I was too happy about it though. Once I had finished changing, eating, and whatnot, I quickly went downstairs with my pendant. Uh, so let's just say that in the process, I somehow tripped over my leg again and fell. And in addition, my pendant somehow opened up and spilled a half of what was already in there. When I got up, all I saw were scattered sweets. I almost cried. I picked up my pendant and closed it with a quarter left in. I walked into the kitchen and took out the broom to sweep up the mess. What a waste of a perfectly good thing !??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 10, I headed towards Genki's place. Since Ciel went to go and visit her yesterday, I thought that I might as well treat this as a visit too. So I went through the trouble and bought some snacks for lunch. I got to her place around 10:35, a shrine, to be exact. That's where she resided. She also lived somewhat farther. But, her home is a shrine after all...

"Genki ?"

I looked around the area. No one in sight. Maybe she's inside ? I began walking towards the shrine when I heard someone talking. I went around and noticed that one of the screen door was slightly open. Whoever it was, it seemed pretty important. I didn't want to get in the way, so I took a seat on the steps. I only came to ask Genki about the herbs, after all. I leaned on one of the pillars which held the shrine up and sighed. 'What to do, what to do ?' About 10 minutes in, I heard the screen door behind me open. I slightly looked over my shoulder to see a girl with light blue hair.

"Oh ?", she said in surprise, "Genkai, I didn't think you were going to see someone today ?" I noticed Genki peer out from the side. "Shiori ?" I sat up and looked at the both of them. "Hello", I said, lifting a hand up. "Sorry for the unnoticed visit." The blue haired girl turned to look at Genki. "Genki ?", she asked, a hint of doubt on her face. As usual, Genki had that indifferent look on her face.

"So what brings you here today Shiori ?", Genki asked me as we took out the snacks that I had brought. "Aren't you supposed to be in school rght now ?" I hesitantly grinned. "Well, about that....", I mumbled, "Something happened and...." Genki took a sip of her tea. "So then what'd you really come here for then ?" I felt around my neck for the chain of my pendant. "This", I replied, "Do you happen to have any of the herbs ?" "Ah, that", Genki replied, putting her cup down, "Wait a moment." We watched as she stood up and walk into another room.

"So what's your name ?", the blue haired girl asked me when we were alone. "Shiori, correct ?" I nodded. "Sorry for the sudden appearance", I replied, "I didn't think she would be busy." She looked at the room when Genki had gone into. "Oh no, she wasn't busy at all", she replied, a smile on her face. She put her tea cup down and stared at me with a hint of surprise in her eyes. "One question, Shiori-san", she said. "You can.. see me ?" I tilted my head and nodded. "Shiori is just alright", I replied, "there's no need for the 'san' at the end... and um, why do you ask ?"

She only grinned. "My name's Botan", she said optimistically. "I'm a messenger of the Spirt World."