The Name that Disappeared that Day

When they opened the gates, I was instantly drowned in the nostalgic past of my childhood. Upon approaching the main house, I saw the shadow of my child self, standing there with a vivid smile on her face. "Welcome back", she seemed to say. "They've missed you." 

...heir.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No matter where I turned, they seemed to be everywhere. Were they waiting for me, I wonder ? I can't seem to recognize these faces anymore. It's been a long time since the name "Hanamura" disappeared from this place.. I wonder if anyone remembers ?

It wasn't a susprise to me when they decided to watch my every movement. No matter which way I went in this place, I always had company with me. Not that it was a problem or anything.

The very first person to appear before me was Senri. I seemed to have taken him by surprise when he saw me standing in the garden. Shortly after, there was Mitsuru. To my surprise, there seemed to be a content yet devious smile on his face. "My, if it isn't the little stray", Misturu called out in a daunting tone as they waited for me to approach them, "What brings you to this humble abode ?" I sighed in dismay. "Don't even bother", I mumbled as I looked up at them from the railing that they were standing behind, "I've only come to make sure of something." "Like ?", Senri asked. "None of your concern." Mitsuru chuckled at Senri. "Feisty little brat hmm ?", he said to him with a grin, "This bothersome little cousin of ours." Senri sighed and turned towards the East Wing of the house. "Though you can't blame her for being like this don't you think ?", he replied. Mitsuru shrugged and straightened himself up. "As if I'd know", he said with a smirk. "Besides, it's none of my concern, don't you agree ?" 

Mitsuru turned to me and coyly tilted his head to the side. "Sotaru wasn't kidding when he said that you wouldn't let yourself die so easily. I've heard from a few people that you like to cause trouble." "Depends", I nonchalantly replied. "However I think you'd be a fool to believe in those altered stories. What do you take me for, an idiot ?" "This is probably why you're always excluded." "Mitsuru !", Senri snapped. Mitsuru's smile slowly began to fade as he started to stare at me with resentful gaze. Though, it was more of a scolding expression. "Should I lie about the truth and sugar coat it for her ?", he asked, his tone sharp and dry, "Although she, herself, should already know this by heart. Look at those bandages on her arm. I'm sure that she's covered in them." Out of amusement, I smiled at him. Senri frowned. Mitsuru's expression didn't falter. "I don't remember coming here to learn about the things that I already know about", I said with a light laugh. "What are you ? My past ?" Mitsuru laughed. Senri seemed to sigh in relief. "I wonder about that...", Mitsuru's voice trailed off with a faint smile. "You're not that hard to read you little brat." "I hope that's not the case."

"It's such a shame that Sotaru went out on an little errand. It would've been much more entertaining if he was here." "Good grief", Senri replied. "You're such a bad example... I hope no one picks up from you !" I sighed in dismay and turned around, leaving those two alone. "This place..", I softly mumbled as I looked out into the garden, an area that I once loved to be in. "I wonder how many things have changed since the last time I've been here."

But one thing was for sure. It was a place that lacked roses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Just a quick clarification about the style of the Nakanishi Household. It's a large, spacious 2 story traditional japanese house. Most of the other clan bases will also have a traditional japanese household style to them, however they will most likely only be a 1 story house. I just wanted to let you know, so you could at least see what kind of house style I'm referring to.) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anyways, where is Grandfather ? I don't want to have to stay here longer than I need to. Especially if I'm going to be stuck with you."

"How rude. I'm not going to let you leave that easily you brat."

"Mitsuru, will you get yourself together ?"

"Quiet Senri, you talk too much."

"Geh, your personality is just as bad as the last time I saw you ! Hurry up and tell me where he is before something troublesome really happens-"

[clang]

The three of us turned towards the courtyard to see someone suddenly standing there. And in front of them, a pan, which was probably the source of that 'clanging' noise from earlier. For a moment she was staring at us with a horrified expression on her face before it quickly turned hostile. "See what you did !?", I hissed, "I'm not even supposed to be here ! There are other branches here aren't there !??" "How would you know something like that ?", Mitsuru asked suspiciously. "Because maybe I'm not that stupid !", I snapped. "Will you both calm down ?", Senri asked as he placed a hand on the side of his head and sighed in dismay. "Besides, you're with us, so it's okay." "Or so you say", I mumbled and scowled at Mitsuru. "That person over there is much more troublesome than I am. It's easy to tell that she's not even from here." "Because she isn't", Senri replied dully, "I don't know if you remember but she's from the Sakane Branch." "Oooh and look", Mitsuru said with a grin, "Here she comes." 

"Is there something that I can help you with Noriko ?", Senri asked as I slightly moved behind him. As I had expected, her eyes wouldn't leave me. Of course that was a bad sign. Luckily for me, she was on the courtyard and we were standing behind a wooden railing. In addition to that, we weren't on the same ground level. "That person behind you", she slowly muttered as she narrowed her gaze, "Is that..." The more she moved closer to the railing, the more uneasy I got. She was just about to say something when a sweater was placed over my head. 

"...??"

Then an arm wrapped around my shoulder and I was pulled closer to someone. Mitsuru, I assume. "Who, this girl ?", he carelessly asked her, "Don't worry about her. It's just my girlfriend." I wanted to punch him on the side but I couldn't move. There was no response for a while until she finally said, "Oh.. is that so ?" "Yup", he simply replied as he, oh I don't know, placed a kiss on the top of my head ?? I cringed. Although, I guess it was necessary if he wanted to sound believable. "Ah, okay", she said, "Sorry for bothering you then. I thought I saw someone else standing there for a moment.." "No, no, it's fine", Mitsuru replied.

It wouldn't be until about another 5 minutes that he'd finally take his sweater off of me.

"She's gone", he said as he looked in the direction of where she disappeared off into. When he turned back to me, the first thing I did was punch him on the shoulder. Although, it wasn't like I hit him that hard. "What was that all about !?", I exclaimed. Mitsuru scowled at me. "..so ungrateful", he muttered as he turned away. Senri laughed. "I guess that's one way to avoid trouble", he mumbled softly. Mitsuru looked over his shoulder, still glaring. "At least be thankful you brat." I sheepishly grinned at him and patted his back. "Thank you~"