Continuation of a Misunderstanding

Days later, there was nothing more. It was peaceful. As if nothing ever happened. However I still continued to feel that aura of dread. So did Shuichi. Nothing happened to him, but he felt it. Just days before, I even retrieved the Monkshood from my room and handed it to him. It was at the moment too, that he was coming along to pick Mizuki up from school. 

"He's your younger brother ?", I was asked. I slightly nodded. "In a way", I replied, "I guess you could say I took him in." "Like a dog ?", Shuichi said. As much as I wanted to say no, it was kind of true. Sorry Mizuki. We stood by Tachibana Elementary's school gates until the last bell rang. Eventually, it rang and children were heading home. To be completely honest, Shuichi and Mizuki already knew about each other. They met each other a couple days ago when Shuichi came over because I needed help. They get along. Knowing Shuichi, he probably knows of Mizuki's real identity. 

 "Yooooooooon !!!!! Shiiiiiii !!!!!" We turned our heads to see Mizuki running our way. That cheeky smile on his face like the usual. "Hello", I said with a grin. "How are you today ?" Mizuki gave me a hug and did the same to Shuichi. "Good", he said, reaching for my hand, "I'm hungry." I laughed. "What about you 7 ?" He looked at me and sneered. "Hm ?" Urk. "I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding", I muttered. So you know how I'm "Yon" for Mizuki ? Shuichi is "Shi" for him. I made a mistake of making fun of Shuichi for being a 7 and almost died. It's still funny but.. I'd be risking my life for making that joke.While we were walking, Mizuki was talking about his day. What he learned, what he did. The usual. Shuichi and I just listened. There was a tempo of restlessness somewhere along the wind which blew along us. I looked around. "What're you doing ?", Shuichi asked me. Mizuki was walked in front of us as we followed him him. "Somewhere theres...", I replied. He stopped and looked up at the sky. I continued to walk after Mizuki. He stopped for what ? And then, he shouted. 

I quickly reached for Mizuki and pulled him back. We both fell back as Shuichi ran up to us. Seconds before, there was a silver gleam. At the moment, we were at a four-way stop. No one in sight. I stood up and pushed Mizuki behind me. What was that just then ? We stood there, ready for anything that appeared. A figure slowly crept out of the shadows. 

"The traitor of the Nakanishi Branch", this demon said. I stared at it's sharp nails as I felt Mizuki standing behind me. Shuichi was somewhere behind me as well. I stared at it bitterly. "What", I replied, watching it's movements carefully, "What do you want ?" The demon stared at the three of us before breaking out into a smirk. Then it laughed eerily. "Come with me", it said afterwords, "That 'lady' wants to have a word with you." I grimaced and sighed. "Pity", I mumbled, "To think that she'd be pulling cards like this so early into the day..." I turned around and noticed how Mizuki watched me hesitantly. Shuichi was also giving me a questioning glance. I smiled in dismay and walked over to Mizuki.

"Gomen, Mizuki."

I shoved him into Shuichi and then left in an instant. I heard Shuichi shout something, but it wasn't clear. Maybe something like, "Oi ! Baka ! What're you doing !??" I noticed how once I did that, that demon moved towards them quickly. But not quick enough. Shuichi had jumped back with Mizuki at his hands. The plan went accordingly, to have that demon come and follow me around. Eventually, I lured it into the old abandoned storage areas. I had a bad feeling about that place though. As if there were more lingering around there. Clearly its not logical to go to a desolate place but... 

I waited for the right moment until I did a high kick backwards. My heel had kicked something hard, which was most likely it's head. There was a sound of a loud 'thud' as it slid across the pavement. I paused and tried to hear any movement. My eyes narrowed to my front. I quickly went towards it and did a front kick. The demon reappeared again with cuts and scratches. It was on the ground. "Let me say this now", I said firmly, "If you're working for them, then I suggest that you turn back now. If you fail, then take the chance to escape before someone else comes and kills you." Again, it sneered. "You won't do it ?", it asked me. I shook my head. "No. As much as I am able to, I won't. However....." I turned around to feel a familiar presence. The sound of footsteps neared as Ciel slowly came into view, dragging along a red stained pipe. On her face, a cruel smile.

"Oh ?", she said, "Looks like Shiori beat me to it." In the background, other footsteps. In the doorway, Shuichi and Mizuki. 'So they followed ?' I glared in dismay. What a pain. Ciel's smile vanished as she walked towards the demon slowly.

"So are you willing to explain ?", she asked dryly. Cold and expressionless. "What your purpose for being here is ?" Silence. We watched as she knelt beside the demon. "Will you tell us what they want ?" It hesitated. "It was to draw attention to the traitor", it said, a quavered voice, "After, they told us to target those closest to her." Our gazes landed to Mizuki. "Oh ?", I asked. "So she tries after so many years..." The demon nodded hesitantly. "They've also sent searches aiming to capture the three of you." Ciel laughed. "I might as well just keep you alive", she said. "Go back to them and report. Tell them that whatever they please won't happen." The demon stood up, slightly swaying. It nodded. "And also", Ciel added in, a smirk on her face, "The next time any one of you low ranking demons appear in this area again, know that you'll immediately be killed." It disappeared. 

Shuichi and Mizuki rushed over to Ciel and I as I stared at the ground. "You're alright, right ?", she asked me. I looked up at her and stared. "What ?", she asked. I smiled at her, and then punched her in the stomach when she was off guard. Mizuki jumped and Shuichi watched in surprise. Ciel clung onto her stomach and glared at me. "Hey ! What was that for !??", she hissed. I looked down at her and smiled, slightly tilting my head. "Welcome home", I replied shallowly, "It's been too long." I began walking towards the exit on my own. Ciel groaned in dismay.  I paused for a moment and turned around.

 Mizuki and Shuichi, both had a huge look of disbelief on their faces. "You know", I heard Shuichi say faintly, "I wonder why things happen like this I'm always placed together with an idiot like you." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 After that incient, we didn't go straight home. Instead we went to the park where everything was going to be explained. In the process, we also went and bought food."So let me get this straight", Mizuki said, "For a while now there have been a lot demons coming after the both of you." Ciel and I both nodded. Shuichi just listened. "Nee, you're not surprised Shi ?", Mizuki asked him. Shuichi shook his head. "Not really", he replied. "I've noticed it for quite a while." We continued to talk about the current situations up until the conversation then led to some other things. 

"So tell me, Shuichi, Shiori..", Ciel said in an overly suspicious tone, "Last time I thought you guys were dating, but I didn't think you guys had a kid..." I choked on my water and nearly fell off the bench. Shuichi stared at me blankly. Ciel was grinning and Mizuki sat there, looking embarrassed. I caught my breath as Shuichi and I slowly turned our heads to look at the laughing Ciel.

"SINCE WHEN DID YOU GET THAT IDEA !!!!!!!!????????????????"