Nonchalant Like Ice

I think... it would be wise enough to leave it as it is. 

This morning, the sound of someone's alarm clock wouldn't shut up. I felt around my bed and checked if it was mine. Nope. I groaned. Mizuki doesn't even need one. The only conclusion that I came up with was that it was Ciel's. I buried my face into my pillow and hoped that it would just stop. But it didn't. I rolled over to my side and covered myself in my blankets and pillows. I kept telling myself that if it wouldn't shut up in just a few more minutes, I'd drag myself to her room and kick the door open. After opening the door, I'd take her phone and shut it off. But in my head I kept telling myself that it took effort. And I didn't want to wake Mizuki up. Uuuurgh, Ciel, I'll strangle you in the morning. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

The first to wake up this morning was Mizuki. He managed to sleep through everything. Lucky boy. Second was Ciel, who woke up like it was nothing. And then there was me. While I was walking downstairs, I tripped on my own foot and fell. When I finally finished tumbling down, I was on my side, sore from all the pain. This is what happens when you have a half-asleep klutz and stairs. They definitely don't match. 

"Hm ?", Ciel yawned when she noticed me getting up from the ground slowly, "What are you doing Shiori ?" I looked up at her with irritation. "What does it look like to you ?", I hissed. She shrugged and went into the kitchen while continued to drag myself. 

Around 7:00, we decided to head out to school. Like the usual, a cold yet relaxing morning. We headed to Tachibana first to drop Mizuki off. "You know the rules", Ciel was telling him once we got to the gates, "Be good and we'll come pick you up later." Mizuki nodded as he waved. We watched him walk into the building where we then started going our way as well. In the process of walking to school, I decided that I wanted to be lazy. 

 "You sure that Mizuki isn't yours and Shuichi's kid ?", Ciel had asked me. I yawned, covering my face with my hands. "What do you mean by that ?", I mumbled, peering at her through my fingers, "We told you didn't we ?" "But still", I heard her say, "I see somewhat of a resemblance between you three." "And that is ?", I asked. She got quiet and thought about it. I was also doing the same. 

For a fact, there's something about Shuichi which makes me uneasy. When he learned about me being able to see demons, his attitude towards me changed. (Well not exactly, but that's what it felt like.) He's not exactly human, but then again, I haven't found anything to prove that he's actually a demon. The only thing I've noticed about him is his sharp sense. And also, those two sides of his. During school exists that gentle and feigned side, and while having to do something involving me, is that arrogant side of his. I sighed. Then again, there isn't exactly a large gap between us. We have our similarities. And our differences. 

I was drawn out of my thoughts when Ciel finally gave me an answer. "Your eyes", she said. I tilted my head. "Our eyes ?" She nodded and gave a little example. "For example, Shuichi's eyes are green, correct ?" I nodded. Emerald colored eyes and Scarlet hair. "And you have, black hair with a gleam of a dark navy... and dark blue eyes, correct ?" "Well duh Ciel, how could I not know." She chuckled. "What does Mizuki have ?" "As in appearance ?", I asked. She nodded. "Well, he has black hair and teal colored eyes", I replied, "But I still don't get it." 

"Shiori, what does Blue and Green make ?" "Depending on what kind, it makes a blueish-greenish color." "And what is that color called ?" "Teal ?" 

I stared at her for about five seconds. We had even stopped walking just for this conversation. "Is that all ?", I replied bluntly. "Is it because of our eye colors ?" She nodded. "But not only that", she added in, "He has some of your personalities as well !" I grinned. Ciel sure knew how to make things funny. "Your implication is invalid", I muttered, walking on without her, "We'll be late if we continue talking about this." I could hear her walking behind me. "Also", I heard her say, "Did you happen to clear it up about the rumors saying you were going out with Shuichi by any chance ?" I stopped walking and froze. I'm pretty sure it was real too, because even Ciel ran into me. I turned around. "I thought that it was already cleared !??" She tilted her head. "Yeah ?", She replied, "I've been hearing that you guys are always spotted together during school and after." I grabbed onto Ciel's blazer. "You're kidding right !?", I asked. She shook her head. "No, not really." I let go of her and checked the time. [7:35] I felt my heart sink. "Has Shuichi heard about this ?", I asked. I noticed her avert her gaze. She's known. He's known. "He has", she says seconds later, "It's just that he keeps... jumping around." "Haaaaaaah ?" Jumping around ? "As in dodging the questions !?", I asked. Ciel nodded. "Something like that", she said. Urk. "But don't worry about it !", Ciel said cheerfully, her hand on my back, "You'll be just fine !" I look at her cheerful face. Deep inside of me, I could feel my heart crying out. Help.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

When we got to school that day, it was just like she had said. Again, I was bombarded with questions from and not from, the newspaper club. However this time, since Ciel was around, she kinda scared them away. So you know how earlier I mentioned that there were only three people in Meiou to have my uniform ? Well Ciel is one of those three people. And because of that, people see her as an easy-going yet complex person. I think that depending on the way she acted was entirely based on who you were. If she didn't like you, she'd be blunt and say it. If it was the opposite, then you'd easily be able to get along. Fun fact about Ciel- she's just as sharp as Shuichi. And just like me, she's able to detect a difference in a person. We've been together for most of our lives. Including childhood. 

The whole entire day, I was tempted to throw something at Shuichi. But I couldn't. That fan club of his sure was something. I felt bad for any girl who managed to go out with him. Poor girl would probably be the victim until they broke up. I sighed, kinda grinning. But it's okay, I mean, who'd wanna be that octopus's girlfriend anyways ? 

I paused at the sight of scarlet hair. For some reason, a lock of it blew right in front of my face. Geh. I didn't even wanna bother turning around. 

"For some reason, that look on your face tells me that you're looking for trouble ?", He had muttered. Right in my ear too. I got chills as I felt him back away from my neck. I turned around, somewhat feeling flustered. "Shuichi !", I exclaimed, "What was that for !?" I watched him stick his tongue out. "Nothing", he said. This guy.... No wonder why we were always in misunderstandings together. "Anyways, have you heard about anything lately ?", I asked. I specifically emphasized the way I said ["have you heard of anything lately ?"]. If he didn't get a hint, I'd throw my water bottle at him. He sighed and took a seat across from me. "Yeah", he said nonchalantly. "So then why don't you try to do anything to change it ?" He shrugged. "It's a pain to always being paired up with a klutz with you but...." "But ?" He smirked. "It somewhat makes things easier for me." My jaw dropped. 

"Then you're just putting more weight onto me then !!!" He grinned a little and leaned on his arm. "Well of course", he said, looking a bit distracted, "Didn't I tell you that I don't exactly plan on being friends with a klutz like you ?"